Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So say engadgetmobile.com

Holy **** Palm listen to the customers?

Now if they hack 320X320 support into wm5 then I will truely consider it a half generation upgrade to the 700p.
    it this will be the truth, i am getting one, never mind palm.
    At that point, I'll get rid of my current 700w and buy a new one, but I will still keep the 700p. Ben
    64MB of RAM will definately make the 700w more attractive, although I don't think the screen res is going to be fixed. Makes it hard for me to choose because I don't mind the screen res being low, but hearing that certain programs don't work in 240x240 doesn't sound good to me. If the screen res was QVGA or 320x320, I wouldn't think twice about getting a 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Exactly...if it was 320x320...my 700p would honestly be history. 240x240 is horrible.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I see a difference between the two, though in my situation, those differences are not significant and I have both devices. Ben
    The two big differences I have seen between the two (have owned both) screens, is that 320x320 makes for better web browsing and better viewing of small fonts in WORD documents, thus allowing one to see more of the document. Also WM5 is not very well set up for 240x240 and some menus only show 2 options and then the massive scroll bars to get to the next two and so on.

I would LOVE a 480x480 on the treo 700wx!!!! And I do mean LOVE!! It is supported, but it won't happen.
  9.    #9  
    People who keep saying there are 4 Treo coming out this year there are 4 new Treo coming out this year clear is giving too much credit to the rumor.

There are at least 5 Treo so far,
    The 700w
    The 700p
    The GSM PalmOS Treo with the 0.3mp camera (700p? 690p?)
    The GSM WM5 Treo 750
    And the 700wx.

The folks in Europe will get their Treo, and I don't see why they need the 750 version which has the HSDAP radio they don't need.
    Good for Sprint. I don't know what reason they'd have to pick up a 32MB WM device.

Good for Palm for fixing what was in ruins.

All IMO.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    People who keep saying there are 4 Treo coming out this year there are 4 new Treo coming out this year clear is giving too much credit to the rumor.

There are at least 5 Treo so far,
    The 700w
    The 700p
    The GSM PalmOS Treo with the 0.3mp camera (700p? 690p?)
    The GSM WM5 Treo 750
    And the 700wx.

The folks in Europe will get their Treo, and I don't see why they need the 750 version which has the HSDAP radio they don't need.
    What we do know for sure is that that the sprint version will be called 700wx, not 700w. There is plenty of evidence for that.
    If Palm was forced to modify the device to get sprint acceptance, so be it.

Surur
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    If it got QVGA I would consider it. If it got QVGA and wifi, I would be selling my Treo 650 and my PPC-6700 for it. Amazed is what I would be, doubtful they fix both problems.
    This reminds me of the m505 and m515 (twice the memory and brighter screen). Palm adds a few tiny, yet big enough to make people want to upgrade features to a device, and it's a hit.
    Jimmie Geddes
    this new UK treo had better be good....
    I'm looking more forward to Sprint getting the Motorola Q actually.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I really like the Treo form factor but even with the upgrade to 64 megs of RAM, still not enough to make me give up my 6700. No wifi, slower processor, and the smaller screen/lower resolution are just too many compromises in my book to make the switch. Its too bad Palm insists on doing this cycle of small, incremental hardware upgrades. If they would just use current hardware specs like HTC, I think they could really steal a lot of HTC users because I really think the Treo form factor and the attention to detail Palm puts on the software side are really second to none.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've got a 700p on Sprint, but I'm tempted to give it up for the WX if it really has 64MB RAM. I don't know, though...as I understand it, none of the current hardware will be able to take advantage of the EV-DO Rev. A speeds. Assuming that the WX also won't be able to, I might wait for something that can do that (and also WiMax, if any devices in the next year or so seem to be forthcoming). I'm not really a fan of the Palm OS (miss the multitasking in WM), and I like the today screen of WM better. I have tried some third party stuff on Palm to mimic it, but it doesn't work as well. The Treo form factor combined with a functional WM5 OS might be too good for me to pass up, if it actually pans out.
    if the new wx does not have a 320x320 screen, there is no way i will buy it.
    if the only difference is the memory, i will wait for a treo that is: CDMA, thinner, anntenna less, and supports revA or wimax. i know that is alot, but my 700p should be fine for a while, the palm os however get more and more dated everyday.
    Wouldn't Windows Mobile need to be 480x480? (Not that I'd complain!) Anything is better than 240x240. Yuk.

Memory and screen resolution have been my only complaints about the 700w. I'd love to see them both resolved.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    if the new wx does not have a 320x320 screen, there is no way i will buy it.
    I guess you will not be buying the 700wx then. Windows Mobile does not support 320x320 resolutions (not to mention there are no WM 3rd party apps that support it either). WM supports 240x240, 320x240, 480x480, and 640x480.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast