Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor
    I'm holding one in my hand right now.

Just turned on:

Program Memory: 57.45
    In use: 9.38
    Free: 48.07
    so i guess this picture form tc 700 w forum is a fony? (pic attached below)

lets see some good pics. i can't belive on over 5 sites this is discussed and not one REAL picture.

hey treodoctor. you are the third to claim to have it in hand. not to say we dont belive you but a few good pics would sure make you da man. you could be the first.

if your going to say " i can't because da da da" it's not like sprint and palm pre-release these things to people like yourself, not expecting info to leak out. it's all part of the big plan.

if you cant post pics give us the details. what sprint apps are on it (sprint tv, mms (picture mail), blue tooth version, programs that the 6700 didn't have pre installed, bulid date, software version, rom version, est.

i know there was that spec sheet http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=585 but that may be unoffical. you having it in your hand could be better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That pic looks the same as what I am seeing. I think the reason it is taking up less mem at start up is that I don't have the phone on.

It's really not all that exciting to be honest. The only apps I see on here different from the W are:

Get Good (Goodlink)
    An app called Modem Link
    An app called My Treo which launches IE (phone is not active so I don't know where it's trying to go)
    On Demand
    Picsel PDF Viewer
    and an app called USBSwitch (when I opened that it said "Change completed successfully. This device will now connect using Serial USB"
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    so i guess this picture form tc 700 w forum is a fony?
    No I would think that that picture confirms what Treodoctor is seeing.

I will admit....it would be nice to see some pictures thought!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    That pic looks the same as what I am seeing. I think the reason it is taking up less mem at start up is that I don't have the phone on.

It's really not all that exciting to be honest. The only apps I see on here different from the W are:

Get Good (Goodlink)
    An app called Modem Link
    An app called My Treo which launches IE (phone is not active so I don't know where it's trying to go)
    On Demand
    Picsel PDF Viewer
    and an app called USBSwitch (when I opened that it said "Change completed successfully. This device will now connect using Serial USB"
    no sprint tv?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    With 64 MB ram the Treo 700w now no longer has any fundamental deficiencies ie. its no longer "crippled". Its underspecified in some ways compared to other devices, but on the other hand it has a much larger battery than most competing devices and a much loved form factor, in other words, its now a contender

Surur
    I wasn't saying it was crippled. I was saying it will be VERY difficult for me to trade my PPC-6700 in for it. I prefer WM5 over POS. I prefer the Treo form factor over the 6700s. I like wifi and landscape surfing. Also I thoroughly enjoy the spaciousness of the 6700s keyboard, but you cant have both space and form factor. If I am to give up my 6700 then I need the 700WX to make my life better. Then I have to take into account that I have a Cingular line for work that I want the HTC Startrek for, awful lot of money to spend on phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    With 64 MB ram the Treo 700w now no longer has any fundamental deficiencies ie. its no longer "crippled". Its underspecified in some ways compared to other devices, but on the other hand it has a much larger battery than most competing devices and a much loved form factor, in other words, its now a contender

Surur
    Some people still consider the screen resolution to be a big hinderance. I've heard reports that some programs don't work properly with 240x240 which would discourage some people from switching. Plus the idea of having to do more scrolling isn't pleasant either.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Ok.... i am tired of all these WORDS....lets get to the real leaks.......let's see some more blurry 700wx pictures!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    no sprint tv?
    Or picturemail?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    Or picturemail?
    The PPC 6700 didnt have it either.... but there is a fix out to enable it...
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    The PPC 6700 didnt have it either.... but there is a fix out to enable it...
    I believe that fix only lets you send MMS/pictures.....it doesn't actually let you use PictureMail....I'm guessing the lack of PictureMail support is a WM5 issue then, also kinda explains why the 6700 doesn't have go to the standard Sprint portal like most other Sprint phones do.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I believe that fix only lets you send MMS/pictures.....it doesn't actually let you use PictureMail....I'm guessing the lack of PictureMail support is a WM5 issue then, also kinda explains why the 6700 doesn't have go to the standard Sprint portal like most other Sprint phones do.
    I have a PPC 6700 and it also lets you receive pictures too.
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    I have a PPC 6700 and it also lets you receive pictures too.
    Yes, but I was refering to the fact that the hack does not let you access your Picturemail account. I've had picturemail since 04 and have 500+ pictures on my account. Assuming I take a picture on a Treo 700wx/PPC-6700, I wouldn't be able to instantly upload it to my picturemail account.

Sure I can browse my account online or email the pics, but it's not as convenient. Nice avatar btw.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Yes, but I was refering to the fact that the hack does not let you access your Picturemail account. I've had picturemail since 04 and have 500+ pictures on my account. Assuming I take a picture on a Treo 700wx/PPC-6700, I wouldn't be able to instantly upload it to my picturemail account.

Sure I can browse my account online or email the pics, but it's not as convenient. Nice avatar btw.
    The way you discribe it is correct. I can't access my pictures account either.

Thanks for the compliment on the icon!
    My Phone history.....
    will verizon be selling the wx?
    what do you guts think about free teathering? i know it may be to early to tell but someone might know. the ppc-6700 phone, the only other wm5.0 on sprint, got free teathering due to them not being able to tell with the NAI issue (link http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...ght=teathering )

since sprint wasn't able to getthe new 700wx to work with sprint tv and picture, like the ppc6700 it might be possible to say that teathering will be the same as well. i sure hope.

thanks for any input, cody

ps: hey treodoctor, since you have the phone, can you try this to help confirm?

Get Good (Goodlink)
    An app called Modem Link
    On Demand
    Picsel PDF Viewer
    Modem Link is a program on the Q that is alot like the wireless modem on the ppc6700. it should allow phone as modem connection.

my treo is the online owners manual for the device.

on demand has free news weather and sprots. others services included are free for 14 days. http://www.handmark.com/products/detail.php?id=285

usbswitch is a workarond for troubled activesync connections. this is on palms site http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...tch/index.html and was claimed to be on the verisons 700w update.

picsel pdf viewer is also free from the palm web site http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...sel/index.html

all the new apps can be downloaded for the verison version, i do belive so, with the exception of the modem link. i dont know for sure but doesn't the 700w have a program called wireless modem which would do the same thing?

hope this helps someone, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    will verizon be selling the wx?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I've posted and been a member here long enough not to warrant a sarcastic response on a ligitimate question. If they are both CDMA and there's no exclusivity deal, why wouldn't they?
    I would be very surprised if Sprint starting selling the 700wx and Verizon didn't. Remember when the 700p can out and everyone said Sprint first, and Verizon later. Verizon actually starting shipping slightly before Sprint. I can't see Verizon wanting to sell an inferior model if one with more memory is available.

I also remember seeing it quoted somewhere that Verizon sells twice as many Treos as Sprint. I can't see Palm wanting to pass up more sales.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Well, if the original 700W was just a beta test for the 700WX, then I would think Verizon is gonna get it too. Just haven't heard anything about it coming to Verizon while there have been posts from people working for Sprint, working for Palm at one of their stores, etc. that say they have seen it already or tried it already or have it in stock already.

Does Verizon have the connection software that Sprint does where people spotted the 700WX listed in?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast