1.    #1  
    l never knew the external antenna on the Treo was so "unpopular:"

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12363
    Repost-erific!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121722

I've always loved my external antenna, I think it gives the Treo a unique look.

I bet it's just a phase though. Palm's just taking a page out Motorola's and Nokia's book... then erasing some words... and then drawing in it with crayon.... but that's besides the point...

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ive seen it in person

its thinner then the 650 and lighter

also i really liked the concealed memory card slot, that was a big problem with the 650
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    jeepik: So did they change the connector setup at the bottom of the unit?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Don't you think a New Thread would be in order? We're discussing the lack of an antenna here.
    Oh, And I like the Antenna for getting my Treo out of its holster.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Why new thread? I thought the title of the thread is 'Nitro'?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    They always have. Why should this time be different? It is not so bad that they insist upon changing it but that each is worse than the one before it.
    Why new thread? I thought the title of the thread is 'Nitro'?
    Good Point!
    Just call me Berd.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Repost-erific!
    Apologies, I should have known you guys were on top of this already.

I also found interesting the part about this being a lower cost Treo; it just may give Palm a much needed boost.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik
    ive seen it in person

also i really liked the concealed memory card slot, that was a big problem with the 650
    Sounds excellent, this may be a bigger deal than I thought if the price is low enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik
    ive seen it in person

What kind of memory card? SD, miniSD, MicroSD?

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    What kind of memory card? SD, miniSD, MicroSD?
    The way things are going, probably one of these
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk
    The way things are going, probably one of these
    This is very disappointing. I have spent a major part of my fifty year career trying to stamp out these damn things. Only Palm would consider their use. 1G in this media fills a boxcar and would take a year and a half to read at rated speeds (assuming you do not drop any). One cannot move 1G a mile for the cost of a Treo.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    All,

What's the big deal about the antenna and the current memory card location???

I've had my 650 since February 2005 and have never popped the SD out by accident even though I carry it in a Nutshell case with a tab that fits snuggly right over the card. The case is carried horizontally on my belt and I snug the tab down every time I put the Treo back in its case.

As to the antenna..... I bought the Treo because it has one! The Nokia phones and to some degree the new ETen M600+ I have suffer (ed) from reception issues because they had (and have) embedded antennae.

My Treo, albeit long in the tooth, is still the one I carry simply because it works every time.

My $0.02,

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by eugarps
    All,

What's the big deal about the antenna and the current memory card location???
    Bill
    There are SD devices, including GPS devices, that extend both vertically and horizontally beyond the SD slot. Given the proximity of the slot to the antenna, they will not work in the 600/650.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    There are SD devices, including GPS devices, that extend both vertically and horizontally beyond the SD slot. Given the proximity of the slot to the antenna, they will not work in the 600/650.
    Whose to say they wont interfere with something (the SD slot cover, for example) with the new one? I've got a horrible feeling that the SD slot move is purely and aesthetics/focus-group thing, rather than for any sensible reason.
    Its not that the antenna is unpopular. I think its just an easy way for Palm to repackage the same product and resell it
    Right now I don't dare if it has a coat hanger sitcking out of the top of the thing.......I just want Cingular to launch it so I can get back on WM5 and off of my Blackberry!!!!
    This one will be very hot if Palm prices it right. Most users won't care about if it is better than treo 650 or not.

For me, I like it since I need bluetooth 1.2 definitly (GPS and headset at the same time). I don't care about the battery capacity and I prefer no attenera.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    personally i work in the RF industry and find it a good thing to get the RF (albeit a half inch) a little further from my head. i'd even be ok with the semi stationary antenna as is with the top that extends out. especially if it'd help with reception.

**runs to find old metal coat hanger and cordless drill**
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it