1.    #1  
    OK, I had my Treo 650 for about a year and loved it. My business parter bought a Cingular 8125. I decided to sell the 650 and give the 8125 a try. After about 4 months, I talked to the guy I sold the treo too and we decided to swap. I got my Treo back and there is a plus, it's now unlocked. He thought he was going to use it on a different provider so he had it unlocked. He is happy with the 8125 and I am glad to be back with my Treo.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Yep. I did that with the MDA. Came back to my Treo 650.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I just could not stand it anymore. I needed my Treo back.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Whyd did you switch back to the treo?
  5.    #5  
    DrIbe,

The Treo is more user friendly and more stable. I was always having to SOFT RESET my 8125. Just seemed buggy to me. Anyway, i am glad to be back on the Treo.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    I'm sitting at a kebab place right now surfing TC and /. one handed. No way I could have done that with the MDA.
  7.    #7  
    Tastypeppers,

I second that. I am on call 24/7 and there are times when I am on the road and need to reply to Email. It is very hard to do that on the 8125.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Been there -- also done that. Will probably go to a 700p when available on Cingular, but in the meantime, still in love with the 650.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  9. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I went 650 ---> 700W ----> VX6700 ------> 650. The WM phones have more bells and whistles and a sexier interface, but they don't work as well. Palm OS is just more intuitive and easier to use than WM.
    I would be back on the 650 also if Sprint would let me re-activate it without getting a new contract.

as things have it i'll wait until the 700 is available on Cingular and then I'll pick one up and drop my SIM card in it.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I will trade my Sprint 650 for a PPC-6700. Any takers?
  12.    #12  
    I was talking to a Cingular Rep the other day when I was looking to go back to the 650, they told me that mid August they will have either the 700W or 700P. She told me that should could not say which one they will carry but it IS COMING soon. If they have the 700P, I will upgrade from the 650 but if they go 700W, I will stick with the 650.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Ditto. I work for Cingular so I get to use everything....T650 is the best.
    That's funny. I'm sitting in a restaurant replying to this thread with one hand on my MDA (=8125).
    I've been using both PPC and Palms for over 7 years now, and I gotta say I won't use another POS smartphone until there's a major revision. I had a treo 650 for over a year, and sure, it did some things well, particularly one handed useage. But the OS was just too dated, I also had problems with stability, and the overall package felt like junk to me. I've been using an 8125 for the past 6.5 months, and have been generally happy. I miss the Treo form factor though (best form factor for a PDAphone IMO) and so my next device will probably be a Treo 750 with WM5; the perfect combination
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I've been using both PPC and Palms for over 7 years now, and I gotta say I won't use another POS smartphone until there's a major revision. I had a treo 650 for over a year, and sure, it did some things well, particularly one handed useage. But the OS was just too dated, I also had problems with stability, and the overall package felt like junk to me. I've been using an 8125 for the past 6.5 months, and have been generally happy. I miss the Treo form factor though (best form factor for a PDAphone IMO) and so my next device will probably be a Treo 750 with WM5; the perfect combination
    I agree. I am using a 8700 right now but got a ridiculous deal on an 8125 through my company. I am going to give it another try and wait until the 8525 comes out or the 750. Either way I am WM5 from this point on.
  17.    #17  
    Don't get me wrong, the 8125 is a cool phone and I had fun with it but I love the Treo much more. Now if Cingular picks up the 700W as they say they are in the next few months but the 650 has been awesome!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    mee too

palm factor is the best