Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12363

If what the chinese website says is true, the palm os powered nitro will have a laughfable 0.3 mp camera and much weaker battery. why bother ^^
    What the hell are you complaining about?

All you antenna haters rejoice, you now have it without the cool antenna. Like I've said before, it looks too dumb to look at.

Keep complaining and you'll all get what you want. Another oh-so-slim Samsung.
    I'm Totally <blank> Ticked!

Note to All:
    Insert in 'blank' above, a word that is so outrageously foul, but still doesn't offend you.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex

All you antenna haters rejoice, you now have it without the cool antenna. Like I've said before, it looks too dumb to look at.

Keep complaining and you'll all get what you want. Another oh-so-slim Samsung.
    Keep swallowing up whatever palm makes, you will end up with a future palm treo 1000p with a specs lower than the 650.
    It probably looks ridiculous because most people are used to seeing the Treo with an antenna. I'm sure if you put an antenna on a Blackberry, blackberry users will yell rape. I don't think it looks horrible, but it loses one of the things that defines the Treo's unique look.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    It sounds like he's venting about the fact that the Nitro so far seems to be a Treo 650 with more RAM and an OS update. He, like many others, wants Palm to come out with something new.
    All I want is a GSM 700p with possibly a better camera (but even that doesn't matter to me) and no ugly blue frame, then for all I care, Palm can die after being impaled by a falling vending machine...

I'm sick of the codename game, I want a tangible product in my hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    I don't think it looks horrible, but it loses one of the things that defines the Treo's unique look.
    This is exactly what I am trying to say. I do like the stubby antenna though.

I'm also averse to the emphasis on physical, "cosmetic" aspects rather than an updated OS (for which Palm has recently concocted a powerful excuse for this failure and blamed some other company), WiFi, enhanced applications & utilities out-of-the-box (Versmail...), bugs and resets, presumably because these things are not self-evident from the leaked and promotional pictures and pictures.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 08/08/2006 at 03:14 AM.
    Whatever

Definitely I will replace my 650 with Nitro
    nitro is the cheap model. it is GSM, palm OS and targetted at the big growth markets like China. I hope it will be moto q like pricing
    lennon is latest tech with hi speed data but is WM5 as PalmOS doesn't support the hispeed networks
    LOL. Would you rather have the crappy 1.3mp camera or the 320X320 reolution? With the WM version you get 240X240 screen. Will your e-***** extend that much longer if you have a crappy camera instead of a utterly crappy camera?
    I'm glad the CDMA 700p is the way it is. A lower capacity battery is a huge step back IMO.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I also like the way the 700p is also. I like the new non antenna Treo look, but I honestly never minded the antenna on the Treo. I think the thing looks more like a blackberry now, and as I have said before...it looks thicker than the 700p...if it is, I would rather have a thinner 700p with an antenna.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Just about everyone expects the Nitro to be Palm's entry for the MoTo Q ($200) market. It's not a successor tot he reguar Treo line ....think of it as Treo-Lite

My 650 has the same camera and I'm fine with it...adding 1 or 2 MP to a $11 lens system isn't gonna impress anyone.

If I wanna take pictures , I'll use this http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=10598

As for the battery.....ya want smaller, lighter....ya get smaller, lighter .

The GSM successor to the 700 series is the Lennon model which will first be released with WM, and I don't think we'll see a non WM version for at least 6 months.
    Yeah, cell phone camera's have not improved much and do not offer much.

I think of my 700p's 1.3 MP camera as a really nice bonus for spur of the moment pictures (like the sunset in Rohnert Park I took the other night).

If you want a good camera on a cell phone (I said good, not great), then go with the Nokia N93 or one of the Sony Ericsson ones.

If you want anything great (digital camera wise), then I recommend a digital SLR camera with replaceable lenses. Expensive, yes, but good quality. I give cell phone cameras one to two years. Right now I compare them at below or around the cheaper $150-199 cameras (not quite in the MP range though...).

Ok, my 2 cents.

But yes, the Nitro is a Q competitor. IMO, it might actually squash the Q if Palm does not toss many of the features that puts the Treo ahead.
    Dont be fooled by Jack's all-or-nothing "if you want wifi carry a laptop" attitude. Nokia showed phone cameras can take excellent pictures, and the Sony Erricson Cybershot camera phones are just taking this a whole lot further. A better quality camera is certainly often a factor in my upgrade lust, and unlike wifi, cameras in phones have been wildly successful, and are used constantly, and appeals directly to the consumer buying public.

Good cameras are also not just confined to big names like Nokia nd Sony. The recent HTC devices carry very good quality 2 Megapixel cameras that take good pictures. They also have a macro mode, which means its finally practical to take a picture of a written page and expect to be able to read it afterwards. As an example, look at these pictures from the HTC Prophet. The same camera will also be in the HTC TyTN, coming to Cingular soon.
    http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=66086

Putting a VGA camera in a new device guarantees this device's failure. This phone will have nothing on the Motorola Q except a touch screen and POS, and that will just not be enough, when compared to the sleek looks, low price, better camera, UMTS, A2DP, big name support etc that the Motorola Q sports.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 08/09/2006 at 04:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Putting a VGA camera in a new device guarantees this device's failure. This phone will have nothing on the Motorola Q except a touch screen and POS...
    Depends on what you mean by "failure". For people like me, who have a long history of Palm device ownership, "a touch screen and POS" are two* of the key things we want. However, Nitro was supposed to be the "low end" device that sold in large numbers beyond Palm's traditional user base. Based on the leaks recently, I'm not entirely sure it is that, but if it is, you may well be right (though the "Paris Hilton uses Palm" factor may help). However, as an incremental upgrade for the 650GSM, aimed at 600/650 users, it should do OK.

*3-6 in total? I tried to list them all, but it rapidly turned into The Spanish Inquisition sketch!
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk
    For people like me, who have a long history of Palm device ownership, "a touch screen and POS" are two* of the key things we want.

*3-6 in total? I tried to list them all, but it rapidly turned into The Spanish Inquisition sketch!

Surur
    well now we know that the nitro will be a piece of sh#t, and it is time to look at the hp 6925!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    well now we know that the nitro will be a piece of sh#t, and it is time to look at the hp 6925!
    Hp 6925: No 3G, no sale. Can't pay hundreds for a device that is already obsolete. Sad too, because otherwise it is a beautiful device. I'm holding out for Lennon. And if Lennon disappoints...i dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e
    Hp 6925: No 3G, no sale. Can't pay hundreds for a device that is already obsolete. Sad too, because otherwise it is a beautiful device. I'm holding out for Lennon. And if Lennon disappoints...i dunno.
    I just bought one for my wife. If your usage is not based on the internet e.g. its more about Exchange Activesync than streaming music, its a fine device. With a vent mount its also a very good GPS device, with fast fixes, and TomTom looks fine on the very large 240x240 screen. It has WIFI, so if you really wanted to get onto a network at great speed it is available in some form.

You can do most things one-handed, and without a stylus (in fact, with the removable screen flip cover, you have to most of the time). It has plenty of memory, and is very stable. Except for the shorter today screen the 240x240 resolution has not been an issue.

In short, its ideal for some-one who uses their PDA phone as a tool, not a toy (which is why it will never suit me ).

Surur
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast