1.    #1  
    I have been looking at some new phones, such as Blackberry, which have the built-in GPS chip and software. If Palm came out with a Treo that had this feature then I would upgrade from my 650 immediately!

Anyone else want to see this feature?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    its in the forthcoming 750G
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    its in the forthcoming 750G
    do you really think that it will have GPS?
    Yeah, with an even higher resolution screen, a 2MP camera w/ flash, and 128MB storage... I hear the GSM version will have HSPDA and will be released before the CDMA version

The current Treos have a built in E911 GPS chip. It's actually not true GPS, it requires the help of the network. There's no software yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    The current Treos have a built in E911 GPS chip. It's actually not true GPS, it requires the help of the network. There's no software yet either.
    I wish this could be utilized now though with 3rd party software. I was on sprints webpage the other day and they do offer you the capability to track phones on your account (certain phones...not the treos). I didnt look into it because I really don't want my wife knowing where I am 24x7. JK
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Frozencode, do you know some-one was banned a few months ago for making up stories...

Surur
    Who's making up stories? It was in the National Enquirer!!

Here Is A Picture Of The 750g
    I found it on a Japanese website:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    I found it on a Japanese website:
    Nice
    =============================
    play back this tape, I swear you'll see
    i only wanted you to be with me
    kill the last romantic
    then come back for me
    now that's a phone
    Did you notice the GPS on this 700wx Data Sheet?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=122485

There is a video on this thread, I was the second poster in mins after watching the video to ask about that GPS support.
    Well it looks like the guy who took the video of the 700w and 700wx says :

"There is no built in GPS that program is the exact same on the 700w from VZW thats why I didn't list anything about it."
    according to msmobile, the 700wx will likely have gps

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5496.html
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Just used my kids razr on verizon with the new vz navigator. worked extremely well! both my car and my wifes car have built in nav units, which now that i have for 2 years can't fathom how i lived without. i have good sense of direction, and in field sales. used to find places based on maps and having people give directions. then came mapquest 8 years ago. now i am uneasy going someplace new without a gps!!!

i have a gps unit for my treo650, you can purchase tomtom or another program, but vz navigator really impressed me. If you use it alot, its $10/month, which over the course of 2 years is about the cost of nav sw and gps, if you use it just for 1 time its $3 a shot.

Why can't the treo have the built in gps, then the user could decided if they wanted to purchase SW, or just use VZ nav?