Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Source: http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=320863

There are pictures from four sides. I only post the one from the right side - because it really surprised me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg x2.jpg (43.9 KB, 1109 views)
  2. f40
    Looks like the SD card slot to me - maybe they could not leave it on the top when the aerial was removed as there would not be as much protection from accidentally knocking it out. Great as this should be the next Treo we get in my part of the world!
    Palm IIIx >- Treo 180 >- 270 >- 600 >- 650
    Interesting. Thanks! It has Palm OS so is presumably Nitro not Lennon/Hollywood.
    64 MB storage and 320x320 (I think) - doesn't seem very low end
    Here's Google's effort at a translation of the Hi!PDA page:

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
    The less accessible placement of the SD card slot indicates that either 1) Palm doesn't plan on making their Wifi card function properly with this device or 2) Wifi is built in.
    Last edited by u_m_rasmussen; 08/04/2006 at 06:40 PM.
    That confirms the mini-SD and new chassis. I guess I wont have to call myself "Rumour Monger" afterall.

Surur
    The less accessible placement of the SD card slot indicates that either 1) Palm does plan on making their Wifi card function properly with this device or 2) Wifi is built in.
    I don't think the SD slot placement has anything to do with wifi, it was probably put there to make the device thinner. Knowing Palm, i doubt there'll be any sort of wifi on this Treo either.

That confirms the mini-SD
    What does? I don't see anything in the pics or translation that would indicate the presence of a Mini-SD slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    What does? I don't see anything in the pics or translation that would indicate the presence of a Mini-SD slot.
    Me neither. If that's a mini-SD slot, either 1) the opening is much bigger than the card it takes, or 2) the device is tiny. Comparing to an SD card held against my 650, the opening on the device in the pic seems to be pretty much the width of an SD card (preuming the devices are the same size).
    The person who first told us about the side placement of the slot also said it was miniSD. Being right on the one I am now sure about the other also. This also confirms the processor speed to b e 312 Mhz.

Surur
    I was hoping they would move the audio jack to the top where the antenna was. No luck.
    The side slot for the Mini SD indeed has a cover (and a sort of flexi-hinge that I don't feel is good for constant action) so a wifi card would require the cover to be off. The reset button is also located there. SIM card goes under the battery if I didn't mention it before; and as I did say the battery is totally different...wide and thing like a Nokia style battery.
    Surur
    Definitely Palm OS from the screenshot so this is the Nitro not Lennon/Hollywood.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    That's suppose to be a slim device? Hardly!
    Its not too bad actually. The wedge-shaped profile reminds me of the Nokia E61.

Surur
    Wow this looks really good. So now we have clear pictures of the Nitro. This looks like it will sell well.
    Looks like GSM users finally will be getting their Palm OS treos updated!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    That confirms the mini-SD and new chassis. I guess I wont have to call myself "Rumour Monger" afterall.

Surur
    Hehehe, you tell em dude!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    That's suppose to be a slim device?
    Slimmer

I'd rather have it fat than wide
    this looks the same as the picture that surfaced about 6 weeks ago.

I also believe its a PALM OS becuase the keyboard colors (darker number keys, lighter other keys - not the other way around) is the same as the 650.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast