Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    THANKS

Nice to see a smaller Treo, but its basically no different to a 650, just a little more memory and smaller. Makes me wonder what the next big generation leap phone will be...
    Just to clarify, we've been expecting a Palm OS GSM version that has lower specs to be called the "lowrider" because of its lower price point. This appears to be it.

There is also another Treo for Europe running WM, called the Lennon that was leaked in a MS powerpoint presentation a week ago or so.

We are looking at two different devices. This completes the predictions of the Sagio report saying there would be 4 treos released this year:
    700w
    700p
    750w? Lennon
    680p? Nitro
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    The author said it is SD.
    I read the same thing as well.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    cAN SOMEONE PLEASE PASTE THE PICTURES HERE - I CANT LOAD THE WEBPAGE
    Me either, will someone help us out. I can't view the other page linked.
    whatever7, dont get so excited. I did not know you were personally invested in this. I trust some-one who has posted here more than some online translation. Lets wait a little bit more, shall we.

If you increase the contrast and zoom in the card that is in there looks pretty small, and looks like miniSD

MiniSD Slot Picture

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 08/04/2006 at 01:59 PM.
    I see what you are saying surur but according to the original site they are saying it is an sd slot.

btw i cant see the pics either on the other sites.
    BTW surur . . . have you noticed you two are arguing about two different devices:
    1: Lennon - MS on Vodafone
    2: Nitro - the subject of this thread - running Palm OS.

Not sure we have any evidence to assume they are the same case, hardware. In fact if the nitro is low cost, it will have cheaper parts than the Lennon
    I am sure Palm would find it cheapest to use near-exactly the same hardware for both devices.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I am sure Palm would find it cheapest to use near-exactly the same hardware for both devices.

Surur
    that could be true, but they have to advertise them differently, one of them clearly has to have an advantage over the other one
    more pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    more pictures
    nice!
    Just call me Berd.
    Looks like the Nitro in these new pics is coming to Cingular soon?

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...ar-in-october/
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    whatever7, dont get so excited. I did not know you were personally invested in this. I trust some-one who has posted here more than some online translation. Lets wait a little bit more, shall we.

If you increase the contrast and zoom in the card that is in there looks pretty small, and looks like miniSD

MiniSD Slot Picture

Surur
    Jesus christ....I am speechless.

I think you are right, it must be a miniSD slot. I mean why would the OP in Hi-PDA tell the true. He must be trying to trick me into buying more 4GB SD cards. Right!? And on top of that, he must photoshopped the picture to make the slot wider.

It all make sense now!
    I tried to check the 2nd thread (linked in page 2) again but it's been deleted. Probably the guy got into trouble (hello Merlyn )

Anyway, I remember he said that it was shipped from Singapore. So this is probably where they make the GSMPalmOS Treo. I don't care about the code name itself. They are a bunch of smoke and mirrors. I do think the Vodafone GSM Treo is a WM5.

So now we have a 700p 700w for CDMA and a WM5 and PalmOS Treo for GSM. I wonder if Cingular will get the P or the W version. BTW if I have to speculate, I think Palm has given up the low spec version. This one is basically a 700p with a smaller battery. I don't see how they can make it cheaper than the 700p. I mean you can cripple it with lower memory, but it's not going to save you money. Look at the color scheme, it's identical to the 700p. I wouldn't be surprised if they call it "700p".
    Tis so interesting. I figured that pics would come. Heck said that in the other thread. The only thing now is announcement times. Anyone wanna think that both of these will see the light of day soon. My guess is Vodaphone will do something in about 2 to three weeks, while Cingular would pull this one out at the normal Palm release time.

or maybe we will see them both this Monday - stranger things can happen.

Unfortunately, this would not at all be an update to my 650 and I would imagine that being the case for a lot of folks. The only thing that would make me move is if they pulled off UTMS with this one. Then, and only then, would I consider it. Tis a shame too, because the M600 is one software update from being my next device, and it measures up to the Treo very nicely (beats the crap out of it).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I think you are right, it must be a miniSD slot. I mean why would the OP in Hi-PDA tell the true. He must be trying to trick me into buying more 4GB SD cards. Right!? And on top of that, he must photoshopped the picture to make the slot wider.
    My first interpretation of the image was the same as yours but looking at again I can see what Surur means. There does seem to be something circular next to on the left side of the recess. It seems a bit clearer on the original pic than on Surur's altered-contrast, annotated version (at least on my screen) and while it's still not got me completely convinced, I can believe that this is a reset button/hole. If that's the case, the bit the card fits into would seem to narrower than an SD card so mini-SD seems likely. On the other hand, you'd probably expect the OP in the Hi-PDA thread to know the difference between an SD and a mini-SD and be aware of the general interest in these matters, so a mistake seems unlikely. Hard to draw a conclusion at this stage. Can we agree to wait and see?
    Its got kind of a blackberry look to it with the sloped face. Maybe its just me because of the lack of an external antenna.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Its definitely nice...almost makes me want to be a convert.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    My first interpretation of the image was the same as yours but looking at again I can see what Surur means. There does seem to be something circular next to on the left side of the recess. It seems a bit clearer on the original pic than on Surur's altered-contrast, annotated version (at least on my screen) and while it's still not got me completely convinced, I can believe that this is a reset button/hole. If that's the case, the bit the card fits into would seem to narrower than an SD card so mini-SD seems likely. On the other hand, you'd probably expect the OP in the Hi-PDA thread to know the difference between an SD and a mini-SD and be aware of the general interest in these matters, so a mistake seems unlikely. Hard to draw a conclusion at this stage. Can we agree to wait and see?
    The OP in the chinese forum is a sophisticated software engineer... I am sure he knows the diff between miniSD and SD card. I am 1000% sure that it is a SD card.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Its got kind of a blackberry look to it with the sloped face. Maybe its just me because of the lack of an external antenna.
    Could not agree more but this is slightly 'narrower'... definetly would get this one when release to the market.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast