1.    #1  
    http://www.ereader.com/product/detai...an_Crime_Spree

Two Englishmen on a crime spree break American laws!

Stupid, unreasonable, and long–forgotten laws—but laws just the same.

In 1787 the wise framers of the U.S. Constitution laid out the laws of the land. Since then, things have gone awry, and a few laws even the far–sighted framers couldn’t have imagined have worked their way onto the books in towns and cities across the country.

Did you know that in the United States it’s illegal to:
    • Fish while wearing pajamas in Chicago, Illinois?
    • Enter a theater within three hours of eating garlic in Indianapolis?
    • Offer cigarettes or whiskey to zoo animals in New Jersey?
    • Fall asleep in a cheese factory in South Dakota?

Englishman Rich Smith discovered these little–known laws during a great American crime spree that took him from coast to coast in search of girls to kiss (it’s illegal to kiss for longer than five minutes at a time in Kansas), oranges to peel (which the law says shouldn’t be done in hotel rooms in California), and whales to hunt (unlawful in Utah).

What inspired a perfectly law abiding, mild–mannered Englishman to come to America and take on the law? He simply wanted to know why. How did these “only in America” laws come to be, do the police know they exist, and would they care if he broke them? So with his best mate, Bateman, by his side—and at the ready should bail be required—Smith set out to break the law in the United States.
    Only in America? I think not. Ben
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Only in America? I think not. Ben
    Indeed not. In the UK you can legally shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow, inside the city walls of Chester after midnight. And quite right too.
  4.    #4  
    What about a Welch person ? ...

....someone who welches on a bet ?
    ....someone who eats welches jellies and jams ?

I also seem to remember that it is illegal to drive cattle down Broadway in NYC between certain hours of the day.

There is a law on the books of TENNESSEE that says a man must run in front of a vehicle that a woman is driving, and, that the car may not go faster than five miles an hour!

It is illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds in Idaho

In Devon, Connecticut, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.

In Denver it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor.

In Alabama.....

Incestuous marriages are legal.
    You may not drive barefooted.

In Arkansas....

The Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.
    A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.
    A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
    Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.
    Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs

In Alaska ....

Moose may not be viewed from an airplane.
    While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.
    It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

In Arizona.....

It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine.
    When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses.
    It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
    You may not have more than two dildos in a house.
    Oooook, is the Palmasutra legal in NY then?
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
  6.    #6  
    Legal ? Are you kidding....we're blue staters, haven't ay heard we give our kids a copy in 4th grade health class !

OK, I did the A states.....whose gonna do the B's ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    OK, I did the A states.....whose gonna do the B's ?
    ...um...done
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    I wanted the "B" states. Oh well.

My contribution: In Utah, it is illegal to detonate a nuclear weapon. Dang it!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Glass of water... the dildos... weird laws. Thats hilarious.
  10.    #10  
    Geez and I was hopin that someone would try a B state

....well what about the C's

-Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.
    -Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
    -Bathhouses are against the law.
    -It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
    -Women may not drive in a house coat.
    -No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

Colorado

-One may not mutilate a rock in a state park.
    -Car dealers may not show cars on a Sunday.
    -It is illegal for liquor stores to sell food or grocery stores to sell any alcohol except beer that is at most 3.
    N-o liquor may be sold on Sundays or election days.
    -It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.
    -Tags may be ripped off of pillows and mattresses.

Connecticut

-Town records may not be kept where liquor is sold.
    -You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
    -In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.
    -It is illegal to dispose of used razor blades.
    -You cannot buy any alcohol after 9pm or on Sundays after noon on Sunday.
    -It is illegal to discharge a firearm from a public highway.