1.    #1  
    Is it possible? If so what program do I need?

I've got a 650
    novii remote or omni remote they both work for 650. the range on 650 is not that far with either. I have both and like them about the same. IMHO the deluxe versions are worth the little extra.
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    You can also get an SDIO IR node from the same people who make NoviiRemote (I think), which will give you better range.

...Google

I also found the IR range is very bad (I am installing Noviiremote)
    It's pointless to try to use NoviiRemote or anything else since the IR beaming range is so pathetically poor and short range. If I'm within a feet of the TV, I may as well turn it off myself.

Paying the extra bucks for the SDIO attachment doesn't make sense either. I may as well buy a cheap multi-use remote.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    My old Ipaq had an incredible IR beam. Used to use it in airports, bars, etc. to find something I wanted to watch.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah that's why I want it, so when I go to a friends or bar or somewhere that I may not have access to the remote, I'll always have my trusty Treo.

I'll try the Naviiremote.
    Thanks
    I had NoviiRemote on my Zire 71 and it worked great. I still use it to control my TV.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    You have to program the Treo yourself though don't you? The software needs to be trained on how to emulate signals for specific TVs. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $unless$ $you$ $have$ $the$ $space$ $to$ $burn$, $the$ $generic$ $database$ $is$ $pretty$ $big$ $and$ $not$ $worth$ $it$. $I$ $would$ $suggest$ $you$ $get$ $one$ $of$ $those$ $little$ $watches$ $with$ $the$ $IR$ $node$. $I$ $think$ $they$ $attempt$ $to$ $locate$ $the$ $correct$ $subset$ $of$ $IR$ $signals$ $for$ $a$ $specific$ $TV$. $They$ $had$ $them$ $on$ $ThinkGeek$ $awhile$ $ago$, $not$ $sure$ $if$ $they$ $are$ $still$ $there$.

I had Omni Remote with my Visor Deluxe and loved it. I tried the OmniRemote on my Treo 650 - and just what others have said here, the IR was too weak to be of any real use. In this case, the software works but the hardware (effectively) doesn't. I would STRONGLY encourage people to DEMO the software before buying it. Its not likely to be a satisfying purchase...