Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz
    For the record - this happens in reverse situation. When I talk to CDMA customers, call quality sucks. When I talk to other Cingular/T-Mo users, sounds like a landline conversation. GSM and CDMA use different voice encoding technologies.
    I never noticed that. I'll try today to see the difference
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk
    It's a wonderful and desirable device, but in my opinion, it's too large to be considered sensible as just a phone. If it were just a phone, would anyone buy it, at any price?
    You're not getting it. The Universal isn't just a phone. The Treo isn't just a phone. Even the Pantech C300 isn't just a phone. That's the whole point of convergent devices. They take many features and put it into one design. If you want just a phone go with one of those old school Nokia bricks with the monochrome screens. All of the aforementioned devices are primarily phones, but also have the ability to perform other functions... and the people who buy that, expect that...

Just to confirm, my Universal is my only phone (in use in any case. The 3-4 older phones lying around at home dont count).

There is 3 known Wm VGA phones: The universal, the w-Zero3 and the w-Zero3 (s). The last one has a really innovative form factor, and a very high density 2.8 inch VGA screen.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/04/s...hotness-redef/

Surur
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Just to confirm, my Universal is my only phone (in use in any case. The 3-4 older phones lying around at home dont count).

There is 3 known Wm VGA phones: The universal, the w-Zero3 and the w-Zero3 (s). The last one has a really innovative form factor, and a very high density 2.8 inch VGA screen.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/04/s...hotness-redef/

Surur

I require that...
    Now there's a device I would buy...

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Just to confirm, my Universal is my only phone
    Damn.

OK I'll shut up on this then (well, maybe mutter in the corner a bit. I still think there was a point to be made, I just made it badly....mutter, mutter.... )
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123