1.    #1  
    http://www.rickardliljeberg.com/blog.php?itemID=153

Chris here at work just found this cool bug on all our Dell Optiplex GX520. It was so cool in fact that we decided to capture a video and post it online.

The bug appears when you put your mobile phone close to the cd-rom unit of the dell and then recieve a sms/txt.

What happends is it goes into some sort of suspension mode from which you can't bring it back without breaking power or holding down the power button for four seconds.

It worked with all the new dells here in the office and with any mobile phone. Just make sure to save all of your work before you try it at home.

The only remaining question is: Is it a bug or feature?
    What's new, it's a hardware problem. It's always a hardware problem...

3.    #3  
    It interferes with the NSA's backdoor and that's why it freezes. !!!
    I'm willing to bet it has to do with signal interference. My guess would be that whatever kind of radiation is generated by a phone when an SMS is received is causing crosstalk with the electrical signals generated by the system. I would imagine that the device would have to be either emitting [relatively] powerful signals or the Dell case is poorly designed.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    I would imagine that the device would have to be either emitting [relatively] powerful signals or the Dell case is poorly designed.
    Like the exploding laptops
    Exactly like the exploding laptops
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 07/30/2006 at 03:25 PM.