Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    If this is false, would you change your avatar to "Rumor Monger"?
    Is that a Marvel Superhero

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Is that a Marvel Superhero

Surur
    s/ / (tm) / knowing Marvel

Its very small, and there is a chance that i you are late to the game, they have removed it.

Surur
    Are you refering to the powerpoint because I d/l the powerpoint and did not see that picture but if it something else I could have been late to game.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77
    Are you refering to the powerpoint because I d/l the powerpoint and did not see that picture but if it something else I could have been late to game.
    I just re-downloaded the presentation, and it has been removed. Here is what you missed.

http://surur.sytes.net/vodatreo.png

Surur
    What I've seen matches the pictures Surur has perfectly, except for the lack of wifi. However I've not seen a Vodaphone-branded unit, so it's possible.

The side slot for the Mini SD indeed has a cover (and a sort of flexi-hinge that I don't feel is good for constant action) so a wifi card would require the cover to be off. The reset button is also located there. SIM card goes under the battery if I didn't mention it before; and as I did say the battery is totally different...wide and thing like a Nokia style battery.

In a picture side by side you can't tell the size difference; it's somewhat like the 600 vs. 650/700 in that you KNOW it's thinner but hard to spot. A friend who carries his phone in his shirt pocket (currently an HTC Typhoon) will not carry a 700 but said he'd carry this unit -- it's just smaller and more importantly lighter enough to work for him.
    I just re-downloaded the presentation, and it has been removed. Here is what you missed.

http://surur.sytes.net/vodatreo.png

Surur
    Ah thank you. Can anyone one tell me what the device next it is?
    Cingular 3125 (HTC Star Trek)
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan
    What I've seen matches the pictures Surur has perfectly, except for the lack of wifi. However I've not seen a Vodaphone-branded unit, so it's possible.

The side slot for the Mini SD indeed has a cover (and a sort of flexi-hinge that I don't feel is good for constant action) so a wifi card would require the cover to be off. The reset button is also located there. SIM card goes under the battery if I didn't mention it before; and as I did say the battery is totally different...wide and thing like a Nokia style battery.

In a picture side by side you can't tell the size difference; it's somewhat like the 600 vs. 650/700 in that you KNOW it's thinner but hard to spot. A friend who carries his phone in his shirt pocket (currently an HTC Typhoon) will not carry a 700 but said he'd carry this unit -- it's just smaller and more importantly lighter enough to work for him.
    What about memory and battery capacity?

Thx

Surur

so, there was no logo on the phone? Was it branded as Palm?
    2 brief questions:

1. What's the consensus date for the Lennon roll-out on Cingular?
    2. What's the consensus expected price? (With and without a renewed/new Cingular contract)

I know these tidbits have been posted in other threads, but they're dated and perhaps no longer the consensus. Thanks for the info.
    From TG's descruption, it sounds that the next Treo will be a bit smaller but maybe a touch 'handlier' than current 650s. I'd venture to say that it will b closer to a M600 than a 650.

No notes yet on performance. Given the timing of this descriptionm I would not be surprised if something new about it leaks within a few days (next week if there is another smartphone coming or a major update to the E61, Q, or M600 group).

Thanks for the info thus far. Tis quite interesting. I wonder how much new work went into the WM implementation on this one?
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I hope Cingular will roll out this phone soon. I'm tired of waiting, and I really need a new phone for my business. Most of the realtors use Blackberries, but I always stayed loyal to Palm.
    UMTS, using the 2wire.com speed meter, seemed to yield 300-350kbit speeds. A 700w on Verizon (obviously) yielded 800-850, as did a 700p on Sprint. I didn't have the chance to try another GSM provider beyond Cingular.

CPU claimed 300Mhz and not the 416 I've seemed mentioned but the ROM was definitely experimental and had a few obvious bug I was told to ignore such as always showing the battery at zero.
  14.    #74  
    Memory memory memory please.

Surur
    UMTS, using the 2wire.com speed meter, seemed to yield 300-350kbit speeds. A 700w on Verizon (obviously) yielded 800-850, as did a 700p on Sprint. I didn't have the chance to try another GSM provider beyond Cingular.
    so this Treo has UMTS that works on Cingular?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Memory is the plain old WM5 64MB. I'm assuming UMTS because there's a "U" in the little data icon (and that's what I was told).
    I guess the question is whether this is the normal "dual-channel" UMTS needed for europe & asia (1900/2100) or the "tri-mode" UMTS needed for north america, europe, and asia (850/1900/2100). The only device I've heard of so far with the tri-mode is the HTC TyTN which does have this. Without this tri-mode, a device can't be used for UMTS world-wide.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18.    #78  
    Cool thanks

So in summary:
    64MB RAM
    128MB Flash storage
    Mini SD
    1.3 Megapixel camera
    No WIFI
    GSM UMTS (how many bands GSM and how many UMTS?)
    slightly thinner with no antenna
    240x240 screen
    312 MHz processor

Did I miss anything?

Surur
    240x240 screen on a Palm device?

That will create problems for many Palm applications that have been written for Palm HighRes (320x320).
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The initial picture shows a WiFi connection. Did I miss something? Surur in the specs you just itemized you list no WiFi? Are you spec-ing out a different phone?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast