1.    #1  
    I'd be able to sync everything I use, seamlessly, and, be happy.

Here's what I want to do. I used Thunderbird for email and would like to sync my Treo 650, Palm Desktop, and Thunderbird all together, so I can have everyone's info everywhere. Right now, I'm syncing my Treo with Palm Desktop and Outlook, just to keep everything there, in case I decide to go to a windows PDA later one. I like PalmOS and all, but no telling where it's going in the future and I'd like to keep everything there.

But, as of now, I have everything organized in my Treo, but my Thunderbird address book is a mess. I found an extension called PalmSync, but that replaces the conduit in HotSync, so I wouldn't be syncing with the Palm Desktop anymore. That's not what I want, I want everything synced together.

Does anyone know what I can do, or maybe come up with another solution? I was thinking of using Beyond Contacts, and just staying with Outlook. The only thing with that is I don't think Versamail and that VoiceDialIt software that comes on the CD will work with it, at least not as well as with the built in managers.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I use Outlook on my desktop for everything (calander, contacts, email) to ensure the most compatability with Palm and WM. Perhaps you could drop Thunderbird and Palm Desktop and just use Outlook, I am sure it does everything you would need.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Corporate security policy in many offices prohibits use of MSIE, Outlook and / or users may just not want to expose themeselves to that security risk.
  4.    #4  
    Ink, are you useing a 700W? That'd be good for me, if I was using a 700W. On the PalmOS, Some of the fields don't line up as well, and I'd have to enter all the contacts on the Treo, to make sure everything works for it.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781
    Ink, are you useing a 700W? That'd be good for me, if I was using a 700W. On the PalmOS, Some of the fields don't line up as well, and I'd have to enter all the contacts on the Treo, to make sure everything works for it.
    Nope I use the 700p. What fields don't line up well?

I must admit I don't use much more then phone numbers, addresses, email, photos, and birthday/aniversay dates.

You may want to try adgendus or beyond contacts as they support more fields and may be better intune with Outlook.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    Well, I originally had my contacts in Outlook, before getting a Treo. When I synced everything, some had the phone numbers in the wrong place, stuff like that. Maybe it was my fault, I may have, instead of syncing, exported the addresses, then imported them into the Palm Desktop.

As for Adgendus or Beyond Contacts, I don't think they work as well, as far as putting them into favorites in the Phone app, or it showing the calendar thing in the Phone app either. Hmm, maybe I'll try using Outlook for contacts, tasks, and calendar. It sure would be nice if Beyond Contacts did all that stuff. Maybe an updated version does.
  7.    #7  
    Ahh, in doing some research on Beyond Contacts, it says "Smartphone integration so that phone numbers and e-mail addresses are in both the Beyond Contacts application as well as the built-in Contacts/Address Book"

That's just everything in there, twice. Taking up too much room. I guess I'll just deal with it, maybe in the future something will come out. Maybe I'll email LivePIM and see if they can do something, to sync with Thunderbird, like they did with Outlook.