Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Belt clips are out, 'manbags' are in, per Cnet.com - some thoughts on the term 'manbag' and whether a new 'Man Law' is needed - at:

http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...-mobile-geeks/
    I wonder if they come with matching high-heel shoes?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I am glad shirts with pockets haven't yet gone out of style.
    Not too many years back when I was still home in Hawaii, man bags were very popular. The ones home were about the size of a large paperback book and mostly made of leather. Every guy seemed to have one, me included. The bags were perfect to cary a wallet, keys, a pager or cell phone and other small odd and ends. The bags looked quite "manly" and far from purse like. Hmmmm wonder if I have an old one packed away somewhere.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    here's my manbag
    JT's Manbag
    there ain't no frickin way. that's like riding a bike in shorts and sandals, it just ain't supposed to be that way.
  7.    #7  
    Excellent - now that's a single-purpose bag I can relate to - 'cept, does the Treo hold up OK in there ???

Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    here's my manbag
    JT's Manbag
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    there ain't no frickin way. that's like riding a bike in shorts and sandals, it just ain't supposed to be that way.
    Right! Besides, a good leather jacket has more than enough pockets for all my stuff. If I need to carry more than that, I use a nice swiss army backpack.

It is rare that I ever need to carry around more than a thin wallet, treo, and keys.

Its that the whole point of having a treo so I don't have to carry a phone, pda, ipod, pager, and camera.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Absolutely not. Setting aside that it's just not convienent and definately not efficient, I refuse to wear a woman's accessory. A pair of pants or a jacket is more than enough. What's next? Will they suggest that men start polishing their nails and talking about their feelings over chocolate ice cream

JT does indeed have the only acceptable ManBag. Nothing else looks "manly" on "non-feminine." Nothing. Sorry. Nope. You're either a girl or gay if you carry one. Not that there's anything wrong with that....
  11.    #11  
    Yup, the idea of carrying a Treo or other 'converged' type smartphone is that you carry less not more hopefully. If I really felt like I needed chargers, add-ons etc, I'd hope they'd just find a home in the laptop bag each day ...

Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Right! Besides, a good leather jacket has more than enough pockets for all my stuff. If I need to carry more than that, I use a nice swiss army backpack.

It is rare that I ever need to carry around more than a thin wallet, treo, and keys.

Its that the whole point of having a treo so I don't have to carry a phone, pda, ipod, pager, and camera.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj
    Belt clips are out,(agreed) 'manbags' are in,(I am not too really sure about that)
    _
    I guess I will be the last man wearing a belt clip with my treo. So be it!
    hell to the naw. i guess i will be out of fashion then.
    I use a holster for mine. Keeps it out of the pockets, which kind of gets annoying, especially with jeans and the use of a front pocket wallet. I have a Piel Frama case, which I really like, but it's too bulky in the pocket.
    I'd rather have a Batman-style "utility belt." (Or, for broken devices, a "futility belt.")
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Wait! Didn't Chewbacca make the man purse acceptable?
    http://blog.2maniacos.com/imgvarias/chew-fundamovil.jpg
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    No black socks ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    here's my manbag
    JT's Manbag
    Your bag is definately my kinda bag.
    But if you aren't chillin" beer, what about a slim backpack? I am in my early 40s and since I live in NYC I don't have or need a car (the subway takes me wherever i wanna go thank you very much). I might be "too old" for a backpack, but I don't care. I have alway used one for my gear. I don't want to carry anything in my hands, so I don't want a briefcase, much less any kind of "purse " To the guy from hawaii, I am sure you buzzed around in a car and just carried the bag around briefly. you moved it from one stationary spot to another via your car. At any given moment I have any combination of the following in my back slim backback: video ipod, treo, BT keyboard, laptop, bose Q2 headphones, extra batteries. I am not carrying anything in a bag by hand. I like my hands free. A backpack is easy and distributes the weight evenly on both sides of the body. Then whatever I am using most, usually treo, is carried in my front pocket sans case. I can swap out of my backpack whatever i need.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    What's next? Will they suggest that men start polishing their
    Actually, yes. Men are the fastest growing segment in the nail business. I guess that's why they are called MANicures?!?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast