Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nobody mentioned the fanny-pack?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj
    Excellent - now that's a single-purpose bag I can relate to - 'cept, does the Treo hold up OK in there ???
    Yep... The pocket is pretty well padded. I pulled it out a bit so y'all could see that it was more than just a beverage transportation device. There are several pockets in there and space for 6-7 cold brewskis.
  3.    #23  
    Excellent - not that there is anything wrong with beverage transportation devices either though ....

Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Yep... The pocket is pretty well padded. I pulled it out a bit so y'all could see that it was more than just a beverage transportation device. There are several pockets in there and space for 6-7 cold brewskis.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Never! Nope, not happening...

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Screw c|net. My Treo's in a belt clip holster 90% of the time and "commando" in a pocket the other 10%.

If I'm carrying anything that doesn't fit in a pocket, it'd better be big enough to require a sizeable duffel bag or backpack.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Nobody mentioned the fanny-pack?
    For several very good reasons.

And ditto what southbound said. The Treo is actually one more thing to carry around (along with reading glasses, occasinal laptop, and some odds and ends). So, a Messenger Bag works for me.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  8.    #28  
    I've never been a fan of beltclips - but I also find converged / smartphone device lives happily in a pocket if you look after it, and laptop bag can cater for any other essential accessories ...

Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    For several very good reasons.

And ditto what southbound said. The Treo is actually one more thing to carry around (along with reading glasses, occasinal laptop, and some odds and ends). So, a Messenger Bag works for me.
    Holly Cow - MAN BAGS??????
    What next??
    If I hear that, it better be a woman giving the twins a nickname!!!
    It is either on the belt under the suit, in the suit inside pocket, on the belt with a shirt over or my personal favorite... "Is that a treo in your pocket with your man bags or are you just happy to see me?"
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Sorry for the typo my "manbags" got in the way.
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
  11. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Pocket or belt clip is the only way to go if you want to get calls when they come in. Treo in a purse (or backpack, briefcase, mini beer cooler, etc) tends to go unheard and unanswered.
  12.    #32  
    If I hear 'the twins' I'm probably thinking Pamela Anderson type thoughts, not manbags ....

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_g
    Holly Cow - MAN BAGS??????
    What next??
    If I hear that, it better be a woman giving the twins a nickname!!!
    It is either on the belt under the suit, in the suit inside pocket, on the belt with a shirt over or my personal favorite... "Is that a treo in your pocket with your man bags or are you just happy to see me?"
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj
    I've never been a fan of beltclips - but I also find converged / smartphone device lives happily in a pocket if you look after it, and laptop bag can cater for any other essential accessories ...
    I agree. I keep my treo in my front pocket. But I have a lot of other gear I like to bring with me. I just orderd this one from maxpeditions: http://www.maxpedition.com/product/p...vp_jumbo_s.htm. People didn't seem to like it tooo much here. But it suits me fine thank you very much.

My vaio 180 is more and more becoming my primary pc.

And I had my 2 kids already. one is 17 and the other is 10. So I am not really too concerned about genetic mutation in my sperm from having all that radiation in my front pocket from my treo 700....
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12