1.    #1  
    I have recently switched from a verizon 6100 cell phone to the treo 700P. I have broadband access but think i would like to drop it to save some money.

Using my old cell phone and a wire-usb cable i was able to get email and surf the web on my laptop without any broadband access charges. This was done with a cable kit and software supplied by the verizon store.

Now that i have Treo I would like to find a way to drop the $45 per month broadband charge but still retain ability to use it as a laptop modem as a backup.

Is this possible?

Larry
    PDANet might be what you want to look at. Ben
    Hmm...I'm not sure if I understand Verizon's data plans too well, but I believe that the $45 a month is just to access it on your phone, and then there's an additional $15 a month to use it as a modem. If you drop the $45 plan altogether, you'll get charged $.02/kb which will definately add up to hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars depending on your usage. I don't think you can really drop the $45 data plan. Unless you switch to Sprint, then it'll cost you $15 a month for data access, and you can use PDANet to use your Treo as a modem without modem charges.
    nevermind. misunderstood ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    PDANet might be what you want to look at. Ben
    i agree pdanet for 3 yrs, t600,t650
    Bob Shipman
    President
    Congressional District Foundation, PA One
    http://www.congress1.org
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have a 700P that I am paying that extra $15 at Verizon. Can I use PDANet and not have to pay that extra for what they call "broadband"?
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
    I would assume yes, but if you get caught, you're in trouble. It's a violation of most carriers TOS to use a phone as a modem without paying some kind of monthly fee.

Do you guys find PDANet stable? Can you run mutiple browser windows at the same time without it disconnecting?
    PDANet is awesome, saved my **** when I checked into a Hotel that had Internet problems the whole time I was there.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    PDANet works great with 700p and VZW
    You guys run multiple web pages at the same time and browse like crazy, etc., without it disconnecting?