Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't tell if this is speculation or fact, but this site seems to say that the new UMTS 3G Treo will be the 750v:

CoolSmartPhone

if you want more,

geekzone.co.nz

1 Post?

Do you work for Palm, Microsoft, or Vodafone? I smell viral-marketing.

I do appreciate your descriptive, honest name; "rumorpost".

PS: I hope this is real, I want this phone for Cingular with 3G/UMTS
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    1 Post?
    They all teased me because my post count is low!!
    Do you work for Palm, Microsoft, or Vodafone? I smell viral-marketing.

I do appreciate your descriptive, honest name; "rumorpost"
    Fair enough.

I don't work for those companies, and I have no idea if it's viral marketing or not. The 750v name seems to come out of nowhere -- Google news for the 750v brings up 1 article, and the Palm and Vodaphone sites don't mention it.

At anyrate, if it *is* true, this is a forum that would want to know, eh?
    Trust me, I am a sucker for this kind of news; viral-marketing or not.

I would like to see this phone roll-out on Cingular when their UMTS is more widely available. Reading the specs, it is exactly what I want in my next phone.

Even though I want this phone ASAP, I have to admit, I would not mind Vodaphone to workout all the problems before we get it in the USA.

I used to be with Sprint. After switching to Cingular, I was drooling for a Treo 700p. After reading all the problems and fixes that the Treo 700p's seem to need, I do not mind if the next Treo, ie: 750V, has some time to work out any problems on Vodaphone before Cingular has them available. My instinct is telling me that the Treo 700P problems were more with the Palm OS rather than the actually device. I know the Treo 700W could use more memory, but most owners seem to be happier than the Treo 700P owners (the last comment is just an observatory opinion, please do not flame me for this - I am sure there are plenty of happy 700P and 700W owners).
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    I do appreciate your descriptive, honest name; "rumorpost".
    A more authoritative source for Vodaphone UK news might be expected to be called "rumourpost" I suggest.
    I call photoshop.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk
    A more authoritative source for Vodaphone UK news might be expected to be called "rumourpost" I suggest.
    Ouf Course! I apoulougise, I meant nou incounsideratioun.

Yours truly,
    Rumourpoust
    We actually know a bit more than Geekzone, e.g that it will have a 416 MHz processor.

Surur
    The truth is most owners of the 700W don't load their phones up with alot of addon software. If the posts of some of the 700p owners are to believed some of them load up over thirty apps.

I own both devices, and prefer the 700p. From a software perspective the 700w comes with a decent base set of apps, but they aren't as powerful as the addon apps that are available for the PalmOS Treos.

One other thing in the 700p's favor is the simplicity of the OS. It's very easy to do what you need to do.

THe main differences for me are two applications that are available for PalmOS
    1) Documents to Go. This is a full featured mobile Office Suite. It surprisingly blows Microsoft's Mobile Office away. (I have real world docs that would hang my 700w, but opened with ease on the 700p/650)
    2) ChatterEmail - It's pretty much the only push email program for either Windows Mobile or PalmOS that gives you push email with OWA and IMAP without needing an Enterprise proxy server. (Aka: Blackberry Enterprise Server, or GoodLink)

WIth these two apps, I can live without my Laptop. I can't yet say the same regarding the 700w.
    Brandorr, thanks for your input. Owning both the 700P and 700W, your opinion has a great deal of merit.

Just curious, why do you have both the 700P and the 700W?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    The truth is most owners of the 700W don't load their phones up with alot of addon software. If the posts of some of the 700p owners are to believed some of them load up over thirty apps.

I own both devices, and prefer the 700p. From a software perspective the 700w comes with a decent base set of apps, but they aren't as powerful as the addon apps that are available for the PalmOS Treos.

One other thing in the 700p's favor is the simplicity of the OS. It's very easy to do what you need to do.

THe main differences for me are two applications that are available for PalmOS
    1) Documents to Go. This is a full featured mobile Office Suite. It surprisingly blows Microsoft's Mobile Office away. (I have real world docs that would hang my 700w, but opened with ease on the 700p/650)
    2) ChatterEmail - It's pretty much the only push email program for either Windows Mobile or PalmOS that gives you push email with OWA and IMAP without needing an Enterprise proxy server. (Aka: Blackberry Enterprise Server, or GoodLink)

WIth these two apps, I can live without my Laptop. I can't yet say the same regarding the 700w.
    It looks that you are the type that fit the portfolio.. I too cannot survive without chattermail, agendus. dataviz, and ofcourse the sms. Cannot agree more that what you had commented on the ease of use. I am tempted by SE M600i though and I think symbian is not that bad afterall. I am woo by the form factor of M600i. T650 is not sexy enough.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    what upsets me, as a 650 owner, is that the screen resolutiom of the new device is worse. i dont want to go from 360x360 to 240x240. not for any device. I want to go higher than that and have woreless and GPS.

Q: does this mean a 750P is on the way too?
    Even with the addition of wireless and GPS, steping down to 240 x 240 seems to make the shining new Treo loses some its luster.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    I call photoshop.
    what did they say?
    I suspect the phone might just have a 300Mhz CPU and not a 416. While the 416 is spiffy, the 300 does about the same and draws less power.
    I'm sure it 416. Transferring files via network uses a lot of processor under Windows Mobile. For UMTS the device will work a whole lot better with a faster processor.

Surur
    Surur,

What's the latest on the memory? 128, same as 700w?
    Since we are all just guessing here, I'm sure it doesn't. This device seems more and more like a GSM port of the 700w. If the 700w is underpowered why won't this one be? Palm has never been on the leading edge of performance and I don't see any indication of that changing yet. I'd rather get a better screen than a faster processor!

Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I'm sure it 416. Transferring files via network uses a lot of processor under Windows Mobile. For UMTS the device will work a whole lot better with a faster processor.

Surur
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I understand that Palm had to make consessions to the carriers there. They have much more experience with WM than the carriers in US. The last time they shipped a device with 32MB RAM was in 2002, and they would understand minumum standards better than Verizon here. Also the leaked device specs are likely right. Despite people's scpetisims they have always been in the past.

Surur
    no WCDMA 850/1900 then huh?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast