Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Oh we got those over here too....aka Paris Hilton types....it just depends what is important to you I guess. When the car breaks down, I kinda worry about the thing working rather than how good I look standing on the side of the road using it
    I think he's trying to say that their phones are not only filled with lots of cool features, but look cool also, not just that they buy the phones because they look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor
    That's funny.

Palm announced their highest quarter of Treo sales recently but people are moving away from them.

Yes, the investors must be pretty happy... not.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PALM...=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Palm lost nearly $900 million in value, or 40% of their value in the last 3 months.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Yes, the investors must be pretty happy... not.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PALM...=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Palm lost nearly $900 million in value, or 40% of their value in the last 3 months.

Surur

I don't think the stock price has much to do with the current number of people using Treo's (my point).

The company is losing money in other areas. The only think keeping them afloat is the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan
    Must have the following:

-Palm OS possibly upgraded to a nicer layout (like going from Windows XP to Windows Vista)
    -3G
    -Wifi
    -Decent 2MP camera
    -Palm Factor
    -Sony Ericsson Style . Look at M600i , it is like a new BMW 5 Series, very radical

For the time being I will test my XDA EXEC

In one month trial period I will let you guys know which device I would keep

Cheers
    To each is own...the M600i is ugly IMO. The E61 is growing on me as well as Samsung's 320i, and I have an eye for beauty.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #25  
    How can we buy SGH 320 ?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    How can we buy SGH 320 ?
    Where are you based ??? In Asia, when SGH 320 is launch, it is usually avialable on retailer fast...
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
  7.    #27  
    I am in australia. I guess it is gonna be a while before it reaches here. Have you actually tried the unit ?
    I found wondows smartphone is better than WM5 except i is not capable of doing spreadsheet
    THe Samsung sgh-i320 will be launched in europe very seen (next week or two)

Surur
    How can we buy SGH 320 ?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=120225
  10.    #30  
    I have used XDA EXEC for two days
    I still find my treo is more easy to use
    Exec is more like a notebook than a PDAPHONE

If I end up not to like XDA EXEC, I will stop searching a new device to replace my treo
    I stick with its ugliness yet reliability until the next treo is launched
    Oh we got those over here too....aka Paris Hilton types....it just depends what is important to you I guess. When the car breaks down, I kinda worry about the thing working rather than how good I look standing on the side of the road using it
    Mmmm....Paris Hilton. Yes, I will be paying attention to her phone and nothing else.
    On a more serious note, I really hope that Palm concentrates on getting a Linux mobile OS on their PDA this fall ( as they announced in January ) and drops Window Mobile. This will lower the price( licensing cost goes to 0 ), open up the platform a whole new community of developers ( read..lots of new free apps for your Palm ), and generally be a good thing. On the hardware side, I think modularity is key. Let users upgrade components such as memory, bluetooth, WiFi, etc without having to purchase a new phone. Oh, you need bluetooth 3.0? just buy a new interface, plop it in your phone and perhaps install a new bt 3.0 driver for it and you are done. That would be much better than now, where you have to buy a new phone to get the new feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor
    I don't think the stock price has much to do with the current number of people using Treo's (my point).

The company is losing money in other areas. The only think keeping them afloat is the Treo.
    Palm stock price is down based upon the large unsold inventories of 700w's
  14.    #34  
    What the solution ???

Carry two devices
    Treo 650 - for functionality and reliability
    M600i - to satisfy our eyes, while reminding us how good our UGLY treo is

I just install Chatteremail in my treo, using fastmail as an IMAP. I love it. Make it even harder to leave the ugly treo
    Palm stock price is down based upon the large unsold inventories of 700w's
    Is that because of WM5? or because of the less RAM and screen size compared to similarly priced WM5 devices?
  16.    #36  
    Or they just manufactured too many of them at the same time HTC releasing plenty of new models
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12