1.    #1  
    Hi, i just got a treo 650 from ebay. I don't know much about using the phone effectively. Is it possible to add pictures to the phone in the internal memory other than sd card since i haven't got one yet? what about the mp3 ringtones?
    1) Yes, you can download the image directly to the Treo and save to the local flash device.
    2) Theoretically, yes. Ringo Pro allows you to localize MP3 ringtones from an external device, but you don't have an SD card yet. The Treo does not support MP3 natively, so you cannot download directly to the device either. I'm not sure if pTunes registers itself in the system as an MP3 handler, but you could give it a try
    3) Try searching the forums or Google for more answers.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    1) Yes, you can download the image directly to the Treo and save to the local flash device.
    I don't have internet access on the phone. Can i use quick install to transfer the image files from pc to the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by zackwz
    I don't have internet access on the phone. Can i use quick install to transfer the image files from pc to the phone?
    Yes, you can.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    You can? I don't ever remember being able to that, it would always change the media the external device and not let me choose the internal flash drive...

You can? I don't ever remember being able to that, it would always change the media the external device and not let me choose the internal flash drive...
    Yep, just did it again to make sure I wasn't smoking the wrong flavor crack.
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  7.    #7  
    which folder do i put the image files in and what should i name the fold, and the files?
    Quote Originally Posted by zackwz
    which folder do i put the image files in and what should i name the fold, and the files?
    When you hotsync, it will put the image in the right place. It will be in the phone's RAM. Folders don't come into play until you have an SD card.
    How do I get new ring tones on my computer? I've downloaded some, and after hotsync I can't locate the new ones with the existing ring tones I can choose from. What should i do differently?
    Search, for one.

What extensions are the files? The Treo only handles WAV and MIDI files natively.

Yeah, i did. Will they show up in the home selection? It might be that i didn't have the correct extension/
    ...I highly suggest that you read the manual. Please, for my own sanity.

They show up in the ringtone manager.

Thanks! I do appreciate the advice!
    ...I highly suggest that you read the manual. Please, for my own sanity.

They show up in the ringtone manager.
    How about just not staying in tune to this thread for your sanity?
    Because then no one will tell him to read the manual or search . And that makes it worse in the long run!