Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Got beaten by a margin of 4 hours. That's bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Got beaten by a margin of 4 hours. That's bad.
    hang your head in shame
    ya both late....

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=113067

See post 12 from may 1st
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    hang your head in shame
    Will do...
    Vodafone will get Lennon first. Nitro is the POS version.

Surur
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    ya both late....

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=113067

See post 12 from may 1st
    Double time...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Surur
    My bad. Has anyone announced who would get Nitro first?
    Last edited by naivete; 07/13/2006 at 10:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    dang it make room on the wall!!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I was about to say the same ...my bet this is Lennon / Hollywood
    I wonder how long it will take for other GSM carriers (ie: Rogers Wireless, T-Mobile, Cingular, etc) to get the new 3G Treo in their stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
    I wonder how long it will take for other GSM carriers (ie: Rogers Wireless, T-Mobile, Cingular, etc) to get the new 3G Treo in their stock?
    According to this post on HoFo http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=844878 it'll be near the end of this year (2006.)
    But that info is pretty sketchy. My assumption is about the same.
    I'm with Vodafone UK at the moment and in many ways it's a good experience. Coverage is great, GPRS is very reliable (hugely better than Orange), even customer service isn't too bad. This is the problem though:

Vodafone UK data charges:

Cost per month - usual value of services - data - cost per MB

3 - 6 - 2.55 MB - 1.18
    6 - 12 - 5.11 MB - 1.18
    14 - 30 - 12.77 MB - 1.10
    25 - 60 - 25.53 MB - 0.98
    40 - 120 - 51.06 MB - 0.78

I have the 25 pack so currently pay 25 (about 45 USD) for just over 25 MB of data. This already sucks, but put it in a 3G context and it gets much worse. I believe Vodafone's current UMTS is 384 Kbits/s, i.e. 48 KB/s. At peak data rate I could thus burn through my 25.5 MB allocation in 521 seconds, burning cash at a rate of 2.88 per minute. Yep, you read that right: more than five bucks a minute. And when the allocation is used up? The cost gets even higher, reverting to the oh-so-lovely standard rate of 2.35 per MB; now we're spending money at a rate of 6.90 (>12 USD) per minute. I would tentatively venture that I'm not the only one who finds this just a little too expensive.

New 3G Treo on Vodafone? Great, but if they don't drop the data prices I don't really see the point. Sure, access to the Vodafone Live walled garden is free, but the content is extremely limited (it's a small selection web pages and services, mostly aimed at teenagers).

For comparison: T-Mobile UK 'unlimited' data plan is 7.50 per month. If Vodafone want to sell me a new Treo they have to compete with this.
    Exactly i am currently on the T-Mobile unlimited data, and its great you just cant use PAM software. My plan is to wait till i can get one unlocked an pop my t-mobile unlimited data sim init. Theres no way i'm going to switch to get prices like that.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I suppose it's possible that Vodafone might surprise us with cheap data plans, but if they don't do it soon I'll be gone. I guess I'll switch get the Nokia E61 or HTC Hermes (Vario II) when they're available on T-Mobile and think about eBaying when an unlocked Lennon becomes available. I quite fancy giving Symbian or WM5 a go, although with respect to the latter I'd rather have the Trinity than the Hermes (don't care for sliders and built-in GPS chip is very attractive).

From Palm's perspective, I'm not sure they've made a great move allying with Vodafone. How are they going to break into Europe with a device that costs so much to use?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    marcol - there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. Vodafone in Ireland have just released new data plans for 3G/GPRS. They a selling the 3G PC-card for 49. Also some limited plans ...

Unlimited -- 49/month
    Modest 15MB 10/month, then 2.50/MB
    Medium 25MB 15/month, then 2.00/MB

All prices include VAT, 1 = 0.6875.

A lot better than previously and hopefully, will get better. Voda-UK can't be far behind in reducing data costs.

/Conor
    Yep we have that over here to but when you put it in comparison with T-Mobiles that expensive and plus that's with out any talk time or texts.

So at the end of the month your bills going be about 70 pounds vs tmobiles 30 (Of which about 7.50 is the unlimited data)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast