Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, but now that they Dell, I expect that will stop also.
    I can't believe Alienware would make a deal with Dell... talk about a step in the wrong direction. I'm just glad I bought my system before all of this...

Good luck....alienware's been in a lotta trouble of late:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/alienware.html
    I bought my system a year or so ago (or maybe it was two years?). An Alienware Area-51m 5500 based on the 766 Uniwill chassis. I read some of the stuff those people had to say, and I was completely shocked. I've never been reliant on the CS of any company, but when I needed Alienware, they were there for me, even after my warranty expired they still tried their level best to do as much as they could. That's customer service. As far as upgrading, I've never had to ask Alienware for help. The only thing I upgraded was my RAM from 1GB to 2GB, which was easily accomplished without much effort. I never upgraded my graphics card, I ordered my system right when everyone was moving to PCI-e, so AGP cards were phased out, wasn't a big deal though, I was fully aware of my actions before I purchased the system. I put my laptop through a lot, 100% loads for half hours at a time, almost every day. I've never had to replace a single part, the laptop hardly even overheats.

try visiting http://www.junefabrics.com/ if you wanna go for treo 650

but as default... the treo 700p in any carrier is capable of acting up as a modem.

for verizon, just install VZAccess Manager SW from the CD

for sprint. just install Sprint PCS Connection Manager also w/in the CD
    Lots of you saying that you don't like mobile data, because you have 6-30 Mbps at home or the office. That's great, but there are two omissions there:

- we're not always home or in the office
    - no matter what, web servers and services usually only allow you to connect at sub 1Mbps speeds. Even on my 8Mbps cable hookup, most web pages come in below 300Kbps. So unless you're routinely downloading five streams from YouTube.com and hosting a video chat, who cares? For email and web browsing, anything over 500Kbps is "broadband" by today's standard.
    Of course we are not always at the office but lets look at this scenario.

You are out of the office but will be back in office in 2 hours,..... login and find 100 e-mails.....compare these numbers:

1. How many you need to answer before 2 hours is up.
    2. How many every TC member will answer.

I'm betting the ration of question 2 to question 1 is at least 10 to 1

As for the web access and other stuff I thinkw e are just so damn amazed that the Treo can do what it does that we use it for the sheer pleasure of it.

Treo users I think are like the ole engineer joke in this respect....

Engineer walking down a road, finds a frog puts it in pocket.

10 minutes later hears frog exclaiming "take me out let me talk to you"

"I am a princess who wa sturned into a frog by an evil witch and if yoiu just kiss me to break the spell, my father the king will reward you with 10,000 gold pieces"

Engineer puts frog back in pocket.

"Again, if you just kiss me to break the spell, my father the king will reward you not only with 10,000 gold pieces but also lands and a title."

Engineer puts frog back in pocket.

"Alright in addition to the gold, the lands and the title you can have your way with me, marry me whatever ya want but plase just kiss me so I can be beautiful again.

Engineer finally answers saying "I have never had much need for money, a title and lands would just keep me from my work and I am sure you are very pretty and all but I don't have much experience with girls.....on the other hand a talking frog is just so cool" .... and he puts the frog back in his pocket.

Forget the speeds tho.....

Full size KB versus 2" thumbpad ?
    1920 x 1200 versus 320 x 320 ?

That's why I try and save my major on line time at the laptop instead of the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerton
    Lots of you saying that you don't like mobile data, because you have 6-30 Mbps at home or the office. That's great, but there are two omissions there:

- we're not always home or in the office
    - no matter what, web servers and services usually only allow you to connect at sub 1Mbps speeds. Even on my 8Mbps cable hookup, most web pages come in below 300Kbps. So unless you're routinely downloading five streams from YouTube.com and hosting a video chat, who cares? For email and web browsing, anything over 500Kbps is "broadband" by today's standard.
    So you're telling me that pages load at the speed on my Treo as they do on my desktop with a 17mbps connection?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12