Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok well answer how & why you had it? Why were you around 10 reps? Where were these reps?
    They area around the screen is so sharp to cover the identify of the person leaking the pictures, or so they say.

It looks fake because of that. I'd have to see one of that screen without it before I believe it.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I'm sure its real. Thats not really relevant. What about a bit more details however. We dont know anything more now than we did a week ago.

E.g. does it have wifi? Is it thinner? How much RAM?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomerX01
    Hey guys, thats my picture. The original has my face on it, and I dont want to get fired. Believe me its a real picture. That one was taken with the 700w camera at close range.

Its not easy to take spy pics with 10 reps hovering around you, I was even lucky to touch the damn thing.
    I had the same problem during my last moon landing. However, NASA confiscated my pictures.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Hmm mmm..
    What is so great about his one , besides chopping the antenna and losing some fat ?
    Palm still not getting my money.
    Will wait for the next one.
    Happy with my E 61.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    BoomerX01, did the phone look like this one: http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...images-leaked/
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Maybe it's just me, but the phone looks like it's homemade.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    It's official - Press release etc.
    While I believe the new treo design will debut with vodaphone, the press release does not specify that this is anymore than the 700w for GSM/UTMS
    my 700p suddenly looks gay. D;
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    is it thinner...
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirk
    It's official - Press release etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiecam
    While I believe the new treo design will debut with vodaphone, the press release does not specify that this is anymore than the 700w for GSM/UTMS
    I posted the link alreday in the Vodaphone thread but:
    http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12311

It can't exactly be called an official announcement, but Palm, Inc. and Vodafone have given the first indication that a Windows Mobile-based Treo will be coming to the international giant's GSM network sometime this year.

According a press release put out today, "The Palm Treo smartphone that will result from this collaboration will represent an industry first by operating on Vodafone's 3G/UMTS network and delivering the hallmark Palm experience on top of the Microsoft Windows Mobile operating system."

The release goes on to say, "The new Treo smartphone will be available first to Vodafone customers in multiple European countries, including the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Netherlands, before the end of the calendar year."

This announcement seems to be saying that this device will be available in Europe before is is launched in any other part of the world. If this is true, it will signal a departure for the company, which has traditionally been weak in Europe for a variety of reasons, including the lack of support for the classic Palm OS, the company's long design and turnaround time, and their relatively uninspiring device designs.

The release goes on to talk extensively about email, and notes that this second Windows Mobile Treo will feature Microsoft's Exchange push system, as well as 3G data. No actual specs or solid information is to be found, but the talk clearly is centered around this new device as a business unit, rather than attempting to target the consumer.

Rumors and Rumors of Rumors

Much talk has been made of a rumor originated by Sagio Investments late last year that Palm would be releasing a "fancier," "more stylish" 3G Treo called "Hollywood" designed for Europe some time this year. However several missed launch dates, as well as reports from reliable sources debunking the original claim, have cast considerable doubt on the details of this report.

Somewhat more reliable are images allegedly obtained from internal Cingular documents that depict two GSM-based Treos, scheduled for launch in or around October. Aside from the removal of the external antenna (required by CDMA carriers, but not by GSM) the devices are identical to the already launched Treo 700 models.

One of the forthcoming devices is depicted running Windows, the other using Palm OS. This would fit Palm's established pattern of releasing a GSM equivalent to their CDMA models several months after the original devices, with minimal modifications. The Windows device, whose code-name is listed as "Lennon" in the documentation, is marked as having UMTS, and possibly Wi-Fi as well. Of its Palm OS companion, even less is known.

Also circulating is a blurry photo reputedly taken by a Microsoft testing contractor of a Palm-branded GSM device which features Windows Mobile 5.0 and UMTS support
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Damn.... it's WM. I want my GSM POS.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    Damn.... it's WM. I want my GSM POS.
    If it makes you feel better, some consider Windows Mobile a POS
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Here is an official announcement on Palms website...

http://www.palm.com/us/company/prprpr/$news_feed_story$.$epl$?$reqid$=$881569$&$amp$;$creativeID$=$HmPg_BB$|$treo700w_emea_vodafone$

Palm, Vodafone and Microsoft Collaborate on Next-Generation Treo Smartphone for Europe

SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 13, 2006--Palm (Nasdaq:PALM) today announced it has forged a new relationship with Vodafone targeted at expanding the adoption of wireless push email in Europe.........
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    For some perspective.... here is another Official Press Release

This is from 2003
    http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/2003/050603d.html

Press Release

PalmSource and RIM to Extend BlackBerry Wireless Email and Data Connectivity Solution for Palm Powered Devices
    PALMSOURCE DEVELOPER SEMINAR, SAN MATEO, Calif., May 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- PalmSource, Inc., provider of the world's most popular operating system for handhelds and smartphones, and the Palm OS(R) subsidiary of Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq: PALM), and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM), the leading developer of wireless enterprise solutions, today announced they will work together to market and promote the BlackBerry Connect(TM) solution to Palm OS licensees to enable secure, push-based email and data connectivity for wireless Palm Powered(TM) handhelds and smartphones....
    After reading this thread, I would like to suggest a concensus here on TreoCentral on the abbreviation of “POS”?

Due to the “POS” abbreviation being commonly used for “Piece of S**t” and “Palm Operating System”, here are my suggestions:

- When talking about the “Palm Operating System”, it is abbreviated “PalmOS”
    - When referring to something as a “Piece of S**t”, it is abbreviated “POS”

When reading posts, it is easy to see where both are applicable (depending on your view of the Palm Operating System).

Just my opinion, any better or other suggestions?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    When referring to something as a “Piece of S**t”, it is abbreviated “POS”
    ...or for a really big pile "MS"?

(Mound of S**t)
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    BoomerX01, did the phone look like this one: http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...images-leaked/

Correct, that is the exact phone. they called it the groovy 2, and it had some weird number on the front like E124-522.

No WiFi is my guess, but I didnt ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomerX01
    Correct, that is the exact phone. they called it the groovy 2, and it had some weird number on the front like E124-522.

No WiFi is my guess, but I didnt ask.

No don't say that. that is the one feature that i wanted and needed in that Treo. great that puts a big damper on things.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast