1.    #1  
    Any suggestion besides backup, turn phone off, and everything (alarm,..,...) settup to minimum (with profiles...)?
    I do not know how long battery works.
    I don't know if it is ok or not...Leave it plugged in
    at&t iPhone3G
    Don't you love your Treo? Ben
    where are you going that you canot take your treo? Mine goes everywhere except to the shower
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    If the place has no electricity and no mobile phone service, is it really worth going there? For 20 days????

Hmmm. Maybe he's going to a monastery for a meditative retreat. Doesn't need the Treo to talk to God.
  6.    #6  
    Hi,
    thanks for your answers.
    Yes, I love my Treo 650 (CDMA)!
    I'm going to Hawaii (from Brazil) and I'm seriously thinking what is the best (leave it or not). It will be very expensive to me to use it as a phone and probably I'm not going to need as a phone. What I'm worried is about all kind of information I have in it as I use Palm since my Vx.
    And I will be on vacation with my family...
    Just get a backup and turn the thing off, and forget about it. I can't wait to go on vacation and leave my 700 in the car, in a parking lot, while I hop on a ferry to nantucket Island
    If you're worried about losing data - with the 650 even if the battery dies, your information will not be lost so there isn't anything to worry about there.
    If you do bring it to Hawaii, make sure you leave it locked up when it is not on you. Aloha and vandalism happen here. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr
    Hi,
    thanks for your answers.
    Yes, I love my Treo 650 (CDMA)!
    I'm going to Hawaii (from Brazil) and I'm seriously thinking what is the best (leave it or not). It will be very expensive to me to use it as a phone and probably I'm not going to need as a phone. What I'm worried is about all kind of information I have in it as I use Palm since my Vx.
    And I will be on vacation with my family...
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    If the place has no electricity and no mobile phone service, is it really worth going there? For 20 days????

Hmmm. Maybe he's going to a monastery for a meditative retreat. Doesn't need the Treo to talk to God.
    It might not be necessary to use a Treo to talk to God, but if you DO use one he picks up on the first ring
    Any suggestion besides backup, turn phone off, and everything (alarm,..,...) settup to minimum (with profiles...)?
    I do not know how long battery works.
    Take the battery out. Come back in 20 days and put the battery back in. You will be fine, the 650 has everything in NV (non-volatile) memory.

(Otherwise, I'd never be able to switch batteries)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    If you do bring it to Hawaii, make sure you leave it locked up when it is not on you. Aloha and vandalism happen here. Ben
    Well just a few words about my vacation and my Treo...
    Hawaii (Oahu and Maui) are fantastic (my third trip to Oahu from Brazil...)!!!
    and everything were fine.
    In the last minute I decided to travel with my Treo...

In Hawaii I just used it to wake me up in the morning, Phone off.
    then going to Washington DC used as a phone twice and perfectly from Chicago!
    And I just worried about battery in day 15!!!

Thanks for all your advice.
    Aloha!
    Well just a few words about my vacation and my Treo...
    Hawaii (Oahu and Maui) are fantastic (my third trip to Oahu from Brazil...)!!!
    and everything were fine.
    In the last minute I decided to travel with my Treo...

In Hawaii I just used it to wake me up in the morning, Phone off.
    then going to Washington DC used as a phone twice and perfectly from Chicago!
    And I just worried about battery in day 15!!!

Thanks for all your advice.
    Aloha!
    niceeee. Hawaii is great