Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    omg. that was funny!!!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    They have a 12 step program for that....I predict that by December you'll be in it. The first sentence you will utter at the 1st meeting you attend will be:

"Hello, my name is Big Red. I am engaged and it's been 6 months since my last decision".
    True, true
    Congrats on your engagement!!!
    How'd we ever survive before handhelds, PDAs, Smartphones...

THEN...Palm Vx --> Sony Clie PEG-T665C --> Sony Clie TG50 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Treo 700W...NOW
    Wanna buy a REALLY cheap unlocked GSM 600?

Then when the fiancee goggles over it...buy a 650 for you and she get the 600...

Don't have a wife (female divorced type here)...but they will only get my brother's (38 yoa) and Mom's (65 yoa) Treo 650 away when they pry them from their cold dead hands...bet your fiancee will be the same way soon....which is why I have the 600 that no one is using!
    I say train her right from the start. Buy the 700, then every few days order some accessories. Let her get to know the UPS guy, although not to well. Open the boxes when she is around and sniff in the box like your getting high on the smell of the new toy. I love the smell of electronics in the afternoon. My wife knows me better than myself, she understands my addiction as she has a simular addiction for jewelry. Every once in awhile buy her some. Keeps it all in balance. Now when I come home its just a big wet kiss and "Oh by the way you got another package". Where is it? Sniff Sniff, nevermind I found it sweetheart.
    True, true.....

I bought my wife an inexpensive pda, she found it handy, later she decided a treo was the way to go. Tim DL a game she likes to the inferior PDA and she'll get to like using it and will not only come around to your way of thinking but you'll need a new pda since she's using your old one.........

I think this idea takes the cake......
    Do what every guy I know does. Have it shipped to your place of work.
    I dont do that with my Wife . But I remember being engaged to another woman years ago. Had to get home to see what comic books purchased came before she came over. She never knew. Suffice to say I did not marry her.
    My wife is OK with my Treo , comic book , video games and fantasy football purchases as long as when she aks for something I dont say "We cant aford it". Then I am toast. Othewise I earn the money and I get to enjoy it.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    DON'T start changing who you are on your own!!! Once married, she will do that for you!!
    Or give her it all trying to do so. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Hi Everyone,
    I've always been a nerd and i've come to accept this.

I want to buy a Treo but my newly engaged gf would kill me. I could justify by saying that i'll sell the V360 and the T2 but idk if she'll understand. she'll just see it as one more Nerd thing I own. Any sugestions?Timmay
    It's important to let her know that your a nerd (I suspect she already knows). Talk openly about it. Say exactly what you said to us. Trust me, it's much better for her to learn now about your "nerdiness" and to deal with it openly than for you to become bitter and resentful towards her because "she's keeping you from being yourself." Best just to communicate with her about it. Don't start a pattern of assuming you know how she will respond to something and then never talk about it.

She'd probably rather have you tell her now, than to find you one night up at 3:00 am reading treocentral fantasizing about a treo 800p. Try telling her "I'm not a nerd!" then.

This is an area where she can give a little and I'm sure your marriage will be fine.
  10.    #30  
    Hi Everyone,
    First off, thnx to everyone for their $0.02.

To start off with, it was my choice to sell the Treo 650 to get her ring... no one forced me to do that. Second I have changed a little since we moved in together, I sold off all my spare computer parts and computers, but she sold off a lot of her photo stuff and any thing that had the color purple in it.

As far as hooking her on a Treo, i tried that last year when i first got the 650. I had a 600 that i would have given her but she want to pay $250 for a SK2. Wasn't my money so whatever.

After reading this, they are waaaay to many player's on T|C. I've changed because before she moved it i spent my time with my nerd stuff (and she has fully accepted that i'm a nerd) but now i have her sooo why keep all the stuff around if i'm only going to touch it one a month?

Soo i've decided that I'm going to hunt down a Treo 600 on ebay (i'm watching one that's $119 shipped), talk to her, and i'm going todo it. because it is my money, my toys, and i'll be happy(er).

This was a damn good topic though... any more input from anyone?

Timmay
    I知 a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    I've changed because before she moved it i spent my time with my nerd stuff (and she has fully accepted that i'm a nerd) but now i have her sooo why keep all the stuff around if i'm only going to touch it one a month?
    Write that logic down and get her to sign it !.....after you are married 10 years and don't get to touch ya wife even once a month, ya might as well get rid .......
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Write that logic down and get her to sign it !.....after you are married 10 years and don't get to touch ya wife even once a month, ya might as well get rid .......
    lol i was thinking the same thing when i was typing that!

----------
    Side note: I talked to her, she was Meh about it but said she was fine with it... sooo my used Treo 600 is shipping tomorrow! Hopefully i'll have it for Friday! I'll be back to using Verichat, Chatteremail (i'm back marc!), PocketTunes, and Blazer... now i have to hunt down the Java runtime so that i can use Opera Mini!

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    wow

I don't to seem like a charity case here... but I'm not going to stop you guys. In the off chance that this does happen i'll sell the Treo 600 I just got and i'll donate the money to the America Cancer Foundation.

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    No definitely not, ive been reading your post here at TC for over 2 years now and I'd get a kick out of chipping in on your wedding present.
    Tim,

Please PM your email address to me.

Phil.
  17.    #37  
    Done guys!

Tim
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpWith700W
    Congrats on your engagement!!!
    Thanks! I'm sure June 2, 2007 will be comming up sooner then i think!

Tim
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    That's a long time for a woman to obsess about the details of her wedding day. Man oh man are you in for a ride.

I remember the run-up to my wedding. One day my wife, exasperated, yelled "I don't want to make any more decisions!"

I kept my head down and didn't offer to help because my opinions didn't count anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    That's a long time for a woman to obsess about the details of her wedding day. Man oh man are you in for a ride.

I remember the run-up to my wedding. One day my wife, exasperated, yelled "I don't want to make any more decisions!"

I kept my head down and didn't offer to help because my opinions didn't count anyway.
    And when was the last time they counted?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast