1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

I was looking all over but could not find anything written on this.

Do you all have more than one SD card? Do you back up to more than one?

My thoughts are this.....Kinda like making a boot disk. One card would have all your info on it and another could just have the essentials.

OR....you could just have an identical copy of your backup on 2 SD cards...Just in case?

OR....you could have one card with the essentials (boot disk analogy) but only update your phone/calendar to it.....dont know if there is a way to do that.....so one card could be your tons-o-stuff card, and the other could be your "emergency card".

Thoughts?????

Thanks...this site rocks!!!
    just bought a 1gig card and was wondering if i could back up two cards just in case
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I back up my SD to my notebook. That way I can alway construct a new SD if I need to. I use Resco Backup to back up the Treo to the SD.
    I have a clear hard case for my Treo that has a slot for a second SD card on the back, so lately I've been using an old 32mb card as an extra backup. I guess since I keep them together, it probably doesn't make a big difference in data security, and it takes extra time to do back-ups, and I can't schedule back-ups for both cards because they have to be physically swapped. You're better off keeping a disk image of the SD card on your computer.
  5.    #5  
    Any tips to making a backup to the computer? Never really used an SD card before. I have a reader for the SD on my laptop though.
    An SD card reader will work fine - the SD will show up just like a drive with folders and then you can manually pull/load via the desktop window. I use Resco BU also and Softick's Card Export II (which allows the Treo SD card to show up on the desktop via the sync cable) and I just move a BU copy over to my computer about once a week.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Guttboy
    Any tips to making a backup to the computer?
    A previous post suggested setting up a briefcase folder on the notebook (PC). I did this using the SD card name and only included the folders/files on the SD that need to be backed up. That way I can avoid making backups of music or maps that are already on the notebook. Really cuts down the time and it's a simple matter to open the briefcase and update the files that have changed. I also use Card Export II so I don't have to remove the SD.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    BlueNomad Software's BackupBuddyVFS will let you backup the same Treo to as many SD cards as you want to shove into it, AND it will let you backup multiple Treos to the SAME SD card. It knows which backup is which and won't restore the wrong backup to the wrong Treo, if restoration is needed. It backs up registration codes for commercial software too (program preferences) and restores them.

It also does optional "checkpoints" similar to XP's "restore points" so you can have multiple dated backups of the SAME or MULTIPLE Treos on a single SD card (as long as it has enough room..) ..

AND if you're worried about losing an SD card, you can always just make a folder on your computer and copy the whole friggin' card to it, in case you lose the card, just get another one and copy everything back to it from the computer's copy.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Do you all have more than one SD card? Do you back up to more than one?
    I use BackupMan and three SD cards.

My main card is a 2GB that I keep in the Treo all the time. I back up to this whenever I think about it, or about every 2-3 days.

I have two other 128MB cards. I keep one at work and one at home. I back up to at least one of these once a week. The rationale behind the 128's is that if my Treo is lost or stolen my 2GB card is gone with it too. The 128's would enable me to get a replacement Treo back to my complete config in a matter of minutes.

ERic
    Any tips to making a backup to the computer? Never really used an SD card before. I have a reader for the SD on my laptop though.
    Just create a folder on the laptop called SDCard and copy past the files from the card to the folder.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks!!!!

Still trying to figure out what backup program to use...choices choices....LOL.

Going to start with NVbackup!
    Last edited by Guttboy; 07/05/2006 at 02:46 PM.
    I have 2 cards in my Zodiac 1, but usually only back up to the faster of the two. Every now and then, I'll copy that backup to my PC.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Just create a folder on the laptop called SDCard and copy past the files from the card to the folder.
    That's what I do about once a week.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher