1.    #1  
    Anyone know if Palm is still planning on releasing 6.1? I read that it was ready in '04. Seems to me that it would solve most of the problems with treo's wifi and umts issues. Why would they drop the ball and rely on wm?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Do a search for Cobalt.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    If Cobalt is released at all, it will probably require new hardware. That means your shiney new 700p/w will not run it. If Cobalt withers and dies like I expect it will/has, the next Palm OS (besides incremental updates) will be Linux-based. Guess what? New hardware required.
    Vaporware.
    Yes, the same could be said for Linux, too. Frankly, the 700P just isn't doing it for me as a 650 upgrade. How could they possibly think it would if it was still running Garnet, for heaven's sake?? I'll save my upgrade dollars for the launch of an actual upgrade, and not just a bandaid to problems of old devices (more RAM, etc).
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Yes, the same could be said for Linux, too. Frankly, the 700P just isn't doing it for me as a 650 upgrade. How could they possibly think it would if it was still running Garnet, for heaven's sake?? I'll save my upgrade dollars for the launch of an actual upgrade, and not just a bandaid to problems of old devices (more RAM, etc).
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    3G and UMTS in A Brand New Style TREO - Thumbs Up
    Everyone knows what happened to OS6 ... hopefully this photo will put these rediculous Qs to rest now!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Horne
    LOL @ Pat, and here I was expecting a new device to be seen and you show me the truth...what kinda preacher are you man
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    Everyone knows what happened to OS6 ... hopefully this photo will put these rediculous Qs to rest now!
    Best. Explanation. Evar.

I was expecting a train wreck, actually. A destroyed delivery truck (delivery not possible) is even better.
    LG licensed it a year ago .....time will tell (See LG thread).
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    LG licensed it a year ago .....time will tell (See LG thread).
    We LG licensed PalmOS. They did not say Cobalt or Garnet.
    http://www.palmsource.com/press/2005/070605_lg.html

Surur