Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmax
    I heard, that Vodafone Germany lists a Palm Treo 770 in their internal system.
    Hi Airmax, Please let us know your source. Do you work for Vodafone Germany? Any idea of a release date?
    Unfortunately I do not work for Vodafone Germany. This is information is from an employee of a “Vodafone Partneragentur” (could be translated with VF partner agency). He told me that there is a Treo 770 listed in the computer, but without price, release date or technical details. As soon as I get more information, I'll keep you updated.
    As soon as I get more information, I'll keep you updated.
    Thanks!
    Unfortunately I do not work for Vodafone Germany. This is information is from an employee of a “Vodafone Partneragentur” (could be translated with VF partner agency). He told me that there is a Treo 770 listed in the computer, but without price, release date or technical details. As soon as I get more information, I'll keep you updated.
    Keep us all updated...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Yes, please do!
    770? I would have assumed it was the 750, but, whatever, so long as I can get my Nitro.
    The keyboard button colors are inverted on the Lennon pic, unlike any recent Treo. The Nitro's keyboard is colored like the Treo 600,650,700w+p

Quote Originally Posted by ea0423
    Not saying they aren't real, but how convenient that the Nitro's buttons for Calendar, Email, Home, etc. cannot be read. Looks like the WM pic with the windows button detail removed. If they are doing the same as the 700P, the top keys should be green & red to turn wireless mode on/off. As it is that photo looks WM soft keys on the Nitro...
    I'm interested to know when Palm Nitro (that, to my understanding, is UMTS and PalmOS based) will be available in Europe, particularly in Italy.
    Any buzz?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by dejudicibus; 07/03/2006 at 10:50 AM.
    Dario de Judicibus
    [My site | My blog | My book]
    Quote Originally Posted by dejudicibus
    I'm interested to know when Palm Nitro (that, to my understanding, is UMTS and PalmOS based) will be available in Europe, particularly in Italy.
    Any buzz?

Thank you in advance.
    Its not thought to have UMTS.

Surur
    Why is it not thought to have UMTS? I haven't seen anything concrete that says either way.
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/media/...artphones2.jpg

Look at the picture. The Windows one says UMTS, the Palm one does not.

Surur
    Good point...
    at&t iPhone3G
    True. But that doesnt necessarily mean it doesn't have UMTS (I hope), they might have just chose not to list it.
    Palm OS Garnet cannot handle the UMTS radio. Therefore, the first Palm OS UMTS phone will have to be a linux based model. This one is NOT UMTS capable.
    What is it then? EDGE?

Hardly worth upgrading for current 650 owners (same screen resolution, same speeds).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Hardly worth upgrading for current 650 owners (same screen resolution, same speeds).

You dont know that. It could be slower with 160x160 screen resolution, but a lot cheaper, Lowrider style

Surur
    I certainly hope not.

Can't they somehow setup UMTS so that only one session (voice or data) can be used at once?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    It's looking more and more like until they update the Palm OS, it will have some definite drawbacks compared to Windows OSes for phones. This is unfortunate because the palm OS is simplier to use...
    I agree. And, it supports the calendar I use to sync with (Meeting Maker).
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    [i]160x160 screen resolution, but a lot cheaper, Lowrider style

Surur
    If palm is wise this is what the it will be. Both in GSM and CDMA (both should be relatively simple to with little R&D costs as they have already produced such units). Simply update the hardware components with new cheaper pieces. They should be able to drop the costs considerably more than the Q and still maintain healthy profit margins, while the Q is a loss for motorola.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast