1.    #1  
    Which is better method of purchasing softwares?

Download
    CD Rom
    Memory card

Where is a good place to shop for softwarers?
    I prefer downloads... no paperwork, no waiting for packages to arrive...

Sometimes the gratification of being less weighed-down by money is instant.

Answer to second question:
    Anyone that is offering the most discounts.
    It is always instant. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    It is always instant. Ben
    Of-course... my attempt at humor fell flat because of the mis-communication.
  5.    #5  
    Does anyone sell softwares on CD's anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norboo
    I've only seen a couple sites selling their software on CD's. I've found that, with Palm apps, it's really not necessary. If you're worried about still having your apps in case of a hard reset, loss or change of Treo, here's what I do...I have a folder called Treo software on my laptop. Whenever I buy an app, I save the .prc and registration codes to that directory. That way, I've got it forever. Much easier/faster than waiting for a CD to come in the mail.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    kdallen, I do the same thing with the Treo folder on my laptop, and go one step further. I have that folder included in my nightly backup to my corporate server. Helps me sleep better at night.
    Laurie
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I'd be curious where the best deals are for purchasing software as well.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbradfor
    Keep an eye on the seasonal discounts at the online PalmOS software stores...

I've got upto 25% discount on most of my sw purchases, by just browsing
    around and doing a web-search.
    yes, just look around - I know that Treonauts usually has a 20% discount for buying through his store. If you scroll down on the righthand side, you will see a 20% notice until July 17. I have bought all of my Treo software via a discount somewhere - and if you buy packages, you usually get even more of a discount (ie - I bought Resco Explorer and BackUp together and got Explorer for about $5 - same with Butler and Phone Technican - got PT for about $7 after discounts).
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thanks! Good to know...
    I like downloading from the internet
  13.    #13  
    Can I use the software I DL for myself and my better half to be?

Thanks
    Some Treo Apps are Registered User ID specific.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norboo
    Well with software on CD, you could fit about 2800 palm programs on a single CD....kinda wasteful.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbradfor

Thanks.
    I try and always buy direct from the vendor so that he / she gets all the moola rather than losing 40% or whatever to the sales site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I try and always buy direct from the vendor so that he / she gets all the moola rather than losing 40% or whatever to the sales site.
    Just call me Berd.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well with software on CD, you could fit about 2800 palm programs on a single CD....kinda wasteful.
    LOL point well taken. Thanks