Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I have now reduced the probability of the merger to 10%. I still think it's a high probability of a new Treo next month in Europe.
    Wow an 80% drop in 5 hours !
    I believe the new Blackberries will be coming out in New Jersey in August. Thats the time I always see the U-pick signs.
  4.    #24  
    Well the CEO of RIMM is saying no merger... That's the problem with battling big money hedge funds, they know for certain the inside scoop.

Anyway.. my theory has Jim Basillie getting let go. Jim Basillie wouldn't know if there was a merger coming anyway, unless he owns the board.
    my God.... talk about theories. Brandorr, give it a breather man.... you cant come up with Palm/RIMM merger and Hollywood being released in the same thread. Breath.. Breath.. So what is going on again???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I just re-mortgaged the house, and cashed out the kids college funds. I am putting it all into PALM and RIM stock. Thanks for the heads up !!!!!!!

LONG on PALM & RIM YESSSSSSSS
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Palm is gonna explode on Friday. Please spread the word!!
    I can only assume you meant 'explode' as in 'collapse.' Not a good day for Palm on the stock market today...
    Last edited by agn727; 07/01/2006 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Palm is gonna explode on Friday.
    and then there's this:
    http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2006/mf...hghlpban100102

... Merciless Palm cheerleaders might even take pause at this article.. though I doubt it.

P-A-L-M... GOOOO PALM! (or not.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross
    I just re-mortgaged the house, and cashed out the kids college funds. I am putting it all into PALM and RIM stock. Thanks for the heads up !!!!!!!

LONG on PALM & RIM YESSSSSSSS
    Ouch.....sorry about your loss

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...y/14939636.htm

"Palm lays out expansion plan
    POSTS STRONG RESULTS, BUT OUTLOOK SINKS SHARES
    By Jessie Seyfer
    Mercury News

Mobile device maker Palm on Thursday posted another quarter of strong profit and sales growth, and laid out a two-pronged plan for fending off competitors by introducing more models of Treo smart-phones and expanding into Europe.

But the Sunnyvale company's forecast for the current quarter was weaker than analysts had expected, sending its stock price down by more than 9 percent in after-hours trading, to $16.93 a share."
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add a little tidbit of information to this thread. I was just on the phone with a corporate accounts service rep, resolving some issues with our account, and I casually asked about the new Cingular Treos that are supposed to be be released soon. He replied - "Oh, you mean the new Cingular Treo 750?". I was like, yea....and then he told me that he didn't know too much, but he had heard that they will be UMTS and run Windows Mobile, as well as the Palm OS. He had heard that they may be out in the next 3 or 4 weeks, but that was just not-confirmed - just what his Supervisor had heard.

Take it with a grain of salt, but it was definitely interesting to hear him call it the "750", and give the shorter-than-expected timeframe.
    Here's soem more data pushing this date back to Q4...at least for Europe

Speaking during the company's quartely earnings announcement, Palm officials said European buyers will probably have to wait until the second quarter of Palm's current fiscal year for the successor to the 650, a Europe-specific product. Palm's Q2 FY2007 runs from October through to the end of December - calendar Q4
    Speaking during the company's quartely earnings announcement, Palm officials said European buyers will probably have to wait until the second quarter of Palm's current fiscal year for the successor to the 650, a Europe-specific product. Palm's Q2 FY2007 runs from October through to the end of December - calendar Q4
    Palm's fiscal year 2006 ended 2 June:

http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/ne...l?reqid=877784

Presumably then Q2 FY2007 is 3 September to 2 December.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    Palm's fiscal year 2006 ended 2 June:

Presumably then Q2 FY2007 is 3 September to 2 December.

Its actually Sept 1 to Nov 30th.
    The FY quarters are actual and "for presentation purposes":

Palm's fiscal periods are generally 13 weeks in length and end on a Friday. For presentation purposes, the periods are presented as ending on Aug. 31, Nov. 30, Feb. 28 and May 31.
    So the "for presentation purposes" period of May 31 coincides with their actual fiscal year end of June 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NetGuyR
    I just wanted to add a little tidbit of information to this thread. I was just on the phone with a corporate accounts service rep, resolving some issues with our account, and I casually asked about the new Cingular Treos that are supposed to be be released soon. He replied - "Oh, you mean the new Cingular Treo 750?". I was like, yea....and then he told me that he didn't know too much, but he had heard that they will be UMTS and run Windows Mobile, as well as the Palm OS. He had heard that they may be out in the next 3 or 4 weeks, but that was just not-confirmed - just what his Supervisor had heard.
    FWIW, I had a similar conversation with a rep at my local Cingular store on Friday, but he said the "Palm guy" had come into the store and told them that the new Treos (described as above) had just been pulled from Cingular's release schedule for the time being. Here's my more complete recollection of the conversation:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/comments/8689/#123049

There are "Palm guys" who make visits to suburban Cingular stores? Ok, maybe they're just Cingular sales guys who focus on Palm. Who knows. These guys say the darndest things, don't they?

David
    BTW, I got all excited, too, when I first heard about the Palm/RIMM merger rumor. Yahoo finance was citing a CNET "reporter" making the scoop, which I naively thought meant that there was some legitimate source for the information. Turns out the "reporter" was just a blogger blabbing about a rumor they'd read on another blog which in turn was blogging about... you guessed it: stockoperator's own overheated blog post.
    <content removed for user editing>
    Last edited by ToolkiT; 07/21/2006 at 05:20 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12