Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...ar-in-october/
    Finally some confirmation. Two new treo's for cingular without antennas.
    So one windows mobile and one palm os. The windows mobile one appears to support UMTS
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Nice find, Hedgie.

Sound in line with what the predictions have been.
    Where's Jack?
    Just call me Berd.
    I have been waiting for this news to rub in the nose of all the Sagio doubters. They will no doubt say its a gross co-incidence, but its clear we knew the Palm roadmap for 2006 since October last year.

Surur
    So i guess Merlyn can come clean now. i kid

no i don't

Edit: oops, my memory went wrong..nevermind, i'll suppress my contentions for another day.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 06/27/2006 at 09:31 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    Nice find, Hedgie.

Sound in line with what the predictions have been.
    Thanks, I don't think it was a find. I just came across it first

The Treo with Palm on it looks thinner and maybe wider (more blackberryish)? The top is much shorter looking so hopefully more screen real estate. Anyone else seeing that?
    No, i think they have the same form and size (but the keys and pad). And i guess they will have the same resolution of current models (i.e. 240 for WM and 320 for Palm)

Nice to see the antenna is gone, bit I don't like the blackberryish resemblance
    I'm thinking... Lennon... Nitro... these are just code names and will be replaced by actual Treo numbers (Treo 750/800 maybe?), but we will get so used to them in just few days
    Wow, if this thing (Hollywood, Lennon) does have UMTS and 64MB of *RAM*, I think I might leave Sprint, cuz that is pretty hot.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I would love to see the new WM treo have a higher resolution. Im not expecting 480x480, but it would be nice. However, knowing Palms track record, Im assuming both of these will just be an exact (minus the antenna) replica of the 700w and P.
    Quote Originally Posted by giuppi
    <snip>Nice to see the antenna is gone, bit I don't like the blackberryish resemblance
    Me neither
    - Jeeman
    Those drawings look exactly like the leaked Hollywood pictures. I didn't believe them before, I do now.

Hard to tell if these are the same timeframe or not from the slide. Does this mean the Palm version won't have UTMS?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    i am very excited now. built-in WiFi?!?!?! sweet. i think i can wait until October for this
    Interesting find. Agree on the BB resemblance. They also remind me a bit of a Qualcomm WM phone from a few years ago. I hope the BB-ness isn't a precursor of an upcoming BB-Treo marriage.

I wonder if the follow-up to the Treo Lennon will be the Treo McCartney. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Treo Nitro with a WWE promo tie-in.

I'm still tired, severely underceffeinated, and amuse far too easily...
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    I would love to see the new WM treo have a higher resolution. Im not expecting 480x480, but it would be nice.
    If it's 240x240 then (OS considerations aside) your choice is fast data and low-res or slow data and high(er)-res. Quick and crappy or slow and pretty. Not very compelling really.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I have been waiting for this news to rub in the nose of all the Sagio doubters. They will no doubt say its a gross co-incidence, but its clear we knew the Palm roadmap for 2006 since October last year.

Surur
    But, that is really only 2 new phones not the 4 that was predicted. Unless you are going to claim that diferent OS means different phone, which I guess technically it could be. I look at it more like a vehicle, just because it comes with a 4 or 6 cyl does not mean it is a different car, just different options.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    No, Palm was very clear that different OS's and different radio's made for different devices. This would complete the "4 new Treos for 2006". Of note to Treo 700w users is that this device is supposed to have 64MB real ram, vs the 32 MB of the 700w. Also of note is this talk of wifi, since th model that was floating around a few months ago did not have this.

Surur
    Why'd it have to be october though? My 600 won't last that long!! But, of course, I'll wait for it.
    Oh, when will I find the perfect smartphone???
    The Windows Mobile Treo will DEFINITELY be 240x240. So it looks like Hollywood and Lowrider have been officially leaked.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast