Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    This is an interesting post, from I think a Spanish speaking Palm website, which references the Palm Nitro 2 years ago.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Wow. That translation from spanish to english was horrible.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Palm has no reason to roll out NEW phones after just launching the 700p and 700w. That's a bit mean toward the CDMA carriers who were gauranteed exclusive rights to the P and W. Sure they got it, but a plan was released concurrently for even better devices. I'm willing to bet anything that this is either old and was never followed through on, or it's a ploy by Cingular to make sure their customers don't jump ship.
    Well considering that most of the world is GSM I would think that PALM has a very big reason to put these phones out. Also I doubt that Verizon or Sprint will care about these phones anyway. They have much bigger deals with Motorola/Samsung/LG etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    Wow. That translation from spanish to english was horrible.

I think you mean HILARIOUS. Bastante humoroso!

...and perhaps when we find ourselves combing Spanish language sites for Treo news we should turn the computer off and get a little "outside time." Verdad?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The Treo 700p to my recollection has an MSRP of $679...and can be had depending upon who wants to subsidize your purchase for as low as $359. When I first saw leaks of what the Motorola Q was going to be, the first thing that popped into my head was "Moto's doing a Palm Lowrider".
    Palm didn't exactly invent low-end smartphones. In fact, they have yet to produce even one, despite the fact that we've been hearing the same rumors about a low-end Treo for at least two years. I still don't think Palm's likely to do it, because they don't want to undercut the price on the upper-level Treos and cannibalize their own sales. Treo sales are really the only thing keeping Palm afloat right now, and they can't afford to sabotage that revenue.

I'll bet the MSRP of the Lennon is significantly above $679...maybe even $799 or more.
    Also bad. A few years ago, when Compaq/HP owned the Pocket PC market, they started charging outlandish prices for their new models: $650, $700, $750. It set the stage for Dell to come in with a superior model for under $300, and beat HP's sales about the head with a sturdy pipe. Palm's walking a tightrope on pricing: too low, they'll cut their revenue. Too high, and potential buyers will go elsewhere. The current Lennon rumors don't give it anything which would justify a major price premium.

700w - 1st quarter
    700p - 2nd quarter
    Hollywood - 3 quarter
    Lowrider - 3rd quarter

to

700w - 1st quarter
    700p - 2nd quarter
    Lennon - 3 quarter
    Nitro - 3rd quarter
    I don't really buy the Sagio information. They got so much wrong, and their reports are so badly written, not to mention the categorical denial of the original report by reliable sources. I think at best, Sagio made some reasonable guesses couched in some of the vaguest terminology possible, and got lucky on a few hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    Treo sales are really the only thing keeping Palm afloat right now, and they can't afford to sabotage that revenue.
    http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/ne...l?reqid=877784

"Palm shipped approximately 4.7 million mobile-computing solutions during fiscal year 2006, including 2.3 million Treo(TM) smartphones and 2.5 million Palm handheld computers.

Also bad. A few years ago, when Compaq/HP owned the Pocket PC market, they started charging outlandish prices for their new models: $650, $700, $750. It set the stage for Dell to come in with a superior model for under $300, .....
    HP and Dell have abandoned the PDA market....Palm is the only one making money in it still. Smartphones are the future and evreyone knows it.

I don't really buy the Sagio information. They got so much wrong, and their reports are so badly written, not to mention the categorical denial of the original report by reliable sources. I think at best, Sagio made some reasonable guesses couched in some of the vaguest terminology possible, and got lucky on a few hits.
    Well at the heart of it, they said there'd be 4 new Treos.....the 700w arrived on cue, the 700p arrived on cue, Lennon's been officially announced.....that's 3 outta 4 or a .750 batting average. I am wondering if the main difference will be WiFi....available first in places where the carriers won't make too much of a stink ... and maybe later here "unlocked" at a proce premium.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234