Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I have been waiting for this news to rub in the nose of all the Sagio doubters. They will no doubt say its a gross co-incidence, but its clear we knew the Palm roadmap for 2006 since October last year.
    According to one of the posters on Engadget, these are simply the GSM versions of the 700w and 700p, no relation to the "Hollywood" or "Lowrider" rumors.

In any event, doesn't it sound a little odd that one of the devices is listed under the obsolete "PalmOne" name?
    In any event, doesn't it sound a little odd that one of the devices is listed under the obsolete "PalmOne" name?
    One of them say that. The second model listed says palm Nitro.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    According to one of the posters on Engadget, these are simply the GSM versions of the 700w and 700p, no relation to the "Hollywood" or "Lowrider" rumors.
    How does this not fit in with what we know of the Lowrider and Hollywood? Its a perfect fit.

Surur
    Do we need to worry about the Treo Yoko interfering with the Treo Lennon or causing Palm to break-up (again)?

I must ask the questions, "Is Paul (I mean Palm) dead?"
    damn it sucks to be with sprint then!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    Do we need to worry about the Treo Yoko interfering with the Treo Lennon or causing Palm to break-up (again)?

I must ask the questions, "Is Paul (I mean Palm) dead?"
    A Treo user with a musical sense of humor!

The Treo Yoko will sound terrible.
    Why hasn't Jack weighed in?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbranch

And it will be Ugly as H*ll
    Just call me Berd.
    How does this not fit in with what we know of the Lowrider and Hollywood? Its a perfect fit.

Surur
    Duh, cuz a poster on engadget said so!
    The Lowrider was supposed to be entry-level, around $200. The 700p is $400. The Hollywood was supposed to be a slim model launching first in Europe, while the 700w is a standard sized device already available in the US on CDMA, and apparently launching first in the US on GSM. Need I go on?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbranch

Hotbranch

FYI: the "Fender" of Fender Doc is from Fender Guitars
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    There is nothing in that story to convince me. The pictures (drawings) look like a 700w and 700p with the antenna loped off. They don't appear to be lighter, slimmer or any other ...er.

Also, the PalmOne reference just doesn't ring true. As I said on Engadget, I think this is old news just now being "released". Since we are starved for any news "we" take this as new news. I guess time will tell...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    If the "Lennon" has wi fi then i'm all for it, I don't really mind the screen res. For 1 i love my k-jam in portrait mode, more then i like landscape. Just as long as it has wi fi. Oh please palm include wi fi.
    The Lowrider was supposed to be entry-level, around $200.
    I dont know where you got that exact number from, but without any next-gen radio, how much do you think they will be able to charge for an antenna-less Treo 650?

The Hollywood was supposed to be a slim model launching first in Europe, while the 700w is a standard sized device already available in the US on CDMA, and apparently launching first in the US on GSM.
    As we know, the Sagio report says nothing about slim, only more stylish. obviously a CDMA device could not come to Europe, but a GSM device certainly will. These devices have not been released yet, but there are rumors that the Hollywood may come to UK before October, so it may yet still be released here first.

Surur
    It's amazing that all of you are misreading the names. The first one is PalmOne Lemon, as evidenced by it running WM rather than PalmOS.
    You can be pretty sure the Palm Nitro which will run palm OS is the Low rider and it will be available on all networks. It will be the replacement for the 650. The low cost treo.

I remember that palm was making the Palm (nitro/lowrider) as a low cost treo across all networks. Palm was supposedly creating this on their own initiative (without request by carriers) confident that it would be a success and carriers would adopt it. If this is the lowrider then expect sprint and verizon to replace the 650 with it in order to have a non EVDO version for the masses.

It's interesting to see cingular already committed to the lowrider. 2 new palm phones in the same month and same carrier will be a first.

Could we see both verizon and sprint carrying three treos by the end of the year? High end treo (700), wm 700w, low cost/consumer (nitro). That would be huge for palm. I think I would take the nitro over the evdo 700p for its form factor.
    I dont think the Lowrider Treo will be made in CDMA.

Surur
    The Hollywood was supposed to be a slim model launching first in Europe
    Assuming Hollywood = Lennon then a Vodafone release in July and a Cingular release in October fits perfectly with a Europe-first scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    The pictures (drawings) look like a 700w and 700p with the antenna loped off. They don't appear to be lighter, slimmer or any other ...er.
    If you can tell the thickness and weight from those pics you're much better at this than me

Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Also, the PalmOne reference just doesn't ring true.
    Agreed. One is Palm and the other PalmOne? That's pretty sloppy. Could be sloppy and real, could be sloppy and fake.
    Am I the only one that likes having a short, stubby, antenna? I don't like how they look w/o them. They look like BBs.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast