1.    #1  
    Ok, so, I've come to the conclusion that there must be a bug in my Treo. It is apparently sending out radio waves to interfere with my own brain waves. This usually happens late at night, when I should be sleeping.

The Treo sends commands to my brain forcing me to start playing games or moving around system settings. A few times, it has gotten me out of bed, back to the computer, in search of new programs. One I found was somthing called SkinUI.

The only way to get out of this is from exhaustion, usually falling asleep while waiting for an unwanted reset to finish, after installing or playing with a new program.

Has anyone else experienced this problem??
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Been there, my wife used to get so mad. Found the solution for that though, I got her a treo, now she stays up later than me.
    You're lucky if it only happens at night. I've experienced this at work!

Laurie
    And there is a whole thread around here somewhere of people obsessively using their treo while sitting on the toilet.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I guess I'm just skittish about that sort of thing. My phone pretty much stays OUT of the bathroom whenever possible.

What irks me are people who use their phones for voice calls IN the bathroom. I guess when you get down to it, it shouldn't matter, but it is kind of awkward hearing someone in a stall using their phone while you're trying to get business done. ;P
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    I guess I'm just skittish about that sort of thing. My phone pretty much stays OUT of the bathroom whenever possible.

What irks me are people who use their phones for voice calls IN the bathroom. I guess when you get down to it, it shouldn't matter, but it is kind of awkward hearing someone in a stall using their phone while you're trying to get business done. ;P
    Get one of UmeVoice's theBoom headsets (see my review on the front page of TC..) .. and you could make a call from the can at home, from a restroom at Disneyland filled with crying kids and ten toilets flushing at once, or ANYwhere in the noisiest situation you can imagine, and the person you're calling won't hear any background noise at all. You could whisper into its mic so as not to disturb the person in the next stall too. The person you're talking to on the phone will have no clue where you are. No flushing noises, no echoey tile floor noises. No water running noises. Nothing. Just your voice. Go to theboom.com and check out the sound samples. These things really work. Now what Miss Manners or Dear Abby would say about modern society and rudeness and the lack of tact making calls from the john in the first place is another matter entirely, and I know exactly what they'd say, but if a situation forces you to do it, theBoom is the answer. As far as the guy in the next stall talking on his phone while you're trying to do your business, well, not much you can do about that unless you want to flush a lot to annoy him ..

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 06/28/2006 at 12:43 AM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..