Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    many great competitor phones to be launched:

samsung's i320
    motorola's Q
    nokia's E61

and others with qwerty keyboards ...

and what is palm doing? offering us about the same phones since two years with only minor improvements ...

I would love to get a new treo. and I have to get a new phone - but come on, why getting a 700 when I have a 650? those improvements are so minor ...

palm is letting go a huge market. unfortunately.
    What do you mean?

Haven't you seen the new generation Treo 650 Black-Tie
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    yeah, those "limited editions" - always a sign of stocks not being sold ...
    The Q is in a different league. Many of us do not need the over head of Windows. The simplicity of the Palm OS is what I like. Ben
    I agree about all these cosmetic "editions" being such a ploy. Rather than pushing out something new, they change the casing and try to sell it as a new model. Come on. Blue edition. Black edition. How much longer do we have to wait for something to really come out? Okay. The 700p was nice, but it's been way too long of a wait. Something like a TX2 or LifeDrive 2 or whatever at least. I'm sure that there are many others who aren't totally into the "smartphone" devices, although I love my Treo 650.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    The Q is in a different league. Many of us do not need the over head of Windows. The simplicity of the Palm OS is what I like. Ben
    It's true that many still prefer PalmOS, but to people who are new to the smartphone business, or those who just want something more recent, the Q is going to appeal to them a bit more. Palm has been releasing the same phone for years now, while the Q is fresh and poppin, not to mention less expensive. Personally, considering that the Q is also a smartphone and it has a built in keyboard, many will see it as a competitor to the Treo.