Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hey maybe one of you guys can help me. I have a Casio Z-7000 PDA in my Basement . Was this the first PDA. It came out in 1992 and I know it was a collaboration of Casio & Palm I believe. After I purchased my Handspring Visor a few years ago I saw this on Ebay and it said original PDA and I purchased it for like $90 i think. Been sitting in my basement all these years. The package is still sealed .Never been used but I asume it works. Funny to see the size of this thing . LOL . Looks like a book . Just curious on any info .
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Hey maybe one of you guys can help me. I have a Casio Z-7000 PDA in my Basement . Was this the first PDA. It came out in 1992 and I know it was a collaboration of Casio & Palm I believe. After I purchased my Handspring Visor a few years ago I saw this on Ebay and it said original PDA and I purchased it for like $90 i think. Been sitting in my basement all these years. The package is still sealed .Never been used but I asume it works. Funny to see the size of this thing . LOL . Looks like a book . Just curious on any info .
    Here's a page on it...
    http://www.atarimagazines.com/comput...000_Tandy_.php
    Might be worth something to a collector, try eBay.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  3. #3  
    I think the Atari Portfolio beat it by about 5 years. I would consider that one of, if not the first true PDA.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #5  
    Thank you . seems like this was one of the first pda's. Pretty cool.
  5.    #6  
    Atari Portfolio? I never heard of it. I was a big atari guy. Had the 2600 .and most of the other atari units.
    I had every video game unit. Coleco. magnavox. Inteliviion.
    I still have the Magnavox Odyssey in my basement. That was the first home video unit.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Atari Portfolio? I never heard of it. I was a big atari guy. Had the 2600 .and most of the other atari units.
    I had every video game unit. Coleco. magnavox. Inteliviion.
    I still have the Magnavox Odyssey in my basement. That was the first home video unit.
    It'll never be mistaken for a Palm V or HP19xx series, but have a read:

    http://oldcomputers.net/portfolio.html
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #8  
    Another great article. Now I remember that. didn't remember that was Atari . Not sure I consider that a PDA . more like the first Laptop. lol. I consider a pda to have a stylus as an input device . These things had keybords and hard drives and you could program them in basic. mini computers is a good term for these guys.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/19/2006 at 10:35 PM.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It'll never be mistaken for a Palm V or HP19xx series, but have a read:

    http://oldcomputers.net/portfolio.html
    That's classic
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.

Posting Permissions