1.    #1  
    Need some advice from you guys.

I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 bought in the US. In Feb, I went for a trip to Singapore. While I was there, the Treo broke down. I cannot do without the phone, so I contacted the Singapore Palm support, who happily gave me a 1-1 replacement, also an unlocked GSM. All seemed well.

Now, I'm back in the US. Recently, the "P" became kinda unresponsive. So I called Palm US support to lodge a warrantied repair order. To my surprise (or horror), they refuse to accept my Treo, because the serial number indicates a Singapore batch. Apparently the computer system here only accepts serial numbers from US or Canada batch.

I thought Palm has an international warranty policy, which I thought was why I could get service in Singapore. Now I can't get service in the US?

I'm flabbergasted, but what can I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by superwoman
    Need some advice from you guys.

I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 bought in the US. In Feb, I went for a trip to Singapore. While I was there, the Treo broke down. I cannot do without the phone, so I contacted the Singapore Palm support, who happily gave me a 1-1 replacement, also an unlocked GSM. All seemed well.

Now, I'm back in the US. Recently, the "P" became kinda unresponsive. So I called Palm US support to lodge a warrantied repair order. To my surprise (or horror), they refuse to accept my Treo, because the serial number indicates a Singapore batch. Apparently the computer system here only accepts serial numbers from US or Canada batch.

I thought Palm has an international warranty policy, which I thought was why I could get service in Singapore. Now I can't get service in the US?

I'm flabbergasted, but what can I do?
    Several things:

If you registered your original Treo they should have it in the system and ideally a record to show the Singapore exchange. That should solve the problem.

Alternatively, if you have the original serial number and ESN call them up and say it's busted and you need an exchange. Did Palm email you a reciept (I assume beacsue it is unlocked you bought it direct from Palm). Then ship the unit you have back as part of the exchange.

Eitehr way I'd get them to escelate it to a higher tier of support - ask ofr a manager.

Finally, you could call Singapore and explain the problem - that could get expensive.

Good luck,

Jim