Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SamT
    No offense, but get something else. Who's holding a gun to your head? What's the point of threatening us? Write a letter to Palm.
    I think he is a palm addict like me.. I did the same thing like him and always threaten to jump but never... I do a bunch of research on E61 and M600i and thought Symbian is a better alternative than MW5. I am having serious discussion with my IT manager to buy E61 for all our senior managers and sales staffs instead of BB. As for me, I am still stuck wtih my T650. None of my senior managers and sales staffs use POS.. they are just a bunch of symbian and wm5 lovers. I give up in converting them.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
    I agree with your comments. Most consumers whether private or business do not like upgrading every 6 months not unless it's necessary to meet their individual requirements. The one reason as you pointed out is due to the cost of smartphones which even with a 3 year term carrier contract can still be costly. .
    And that is what pushed Sony out of the plam market. They made the best palms when they were doing it, but had such rapid developmencycles that people got pissd off. You'd buy the latest and greatest only to be "oudated" in 3 months. I am happy with palm's upgrade cycle, i just wish there were more advancemnts in each unit. That's all. I mean, for example, ram is cheap now. How come the 700p doesn't have at least 128 usable ram? Point is, it's ok but it really could be better. Whatever. I am sticking with palm until something better comes along and makes migrating my programs over easy to do. I am curious what access comes up with based on linnux. The second or third generation of that might be ok. If they can reviatalize the software end of theings maybe more hardare makers will come back.And I always pray Sony will come back again and learn from their mistakes. Sony needed to do less and palm could do a bit more. Competition ain't bad.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I HAVE BEEN JUMPING AROUND
    BUT I AM BOUNCING BACK TO TREO

Old style, slow internet, no wifi has enticed me to try E61 and XDA EXEC

Guess what ! I think I stick with Palm ugliness

And I dont think the new treo will satisfied Treo Freaks either

I think we need to start carrying two devices , one for the functionality and reliability. The other one to satisfy our fashion needs while reminding us how good our ugly treo is

Last edited by esatyawan; 07/24/2006 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I for one carry 2 devises... A black Moto V3 and T650 cause I have 2 lines. I also want to dump my Moto but can't find a good replacement. It is old but still sexy and rugged. Been doing lots of research on E61 and M600i and have mix feeling about them. Still stuck with T650 for a while now i guess... I am yearning for that sexy Palm OS PDA phone... just took out my UX50 the other night and I wonder what if Sony stick with Palm OS and comeout with the PDAphone...
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    redbelt! I fully agree with you! Stupid Palm even can NOT release a GSM version for so long ignoring 2 billion GSM users around the world!

You jump, I jump!!!!
    Palm is American company with American oriented way of business
    That is why they are ignoring the importance of GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan
    Palm is American company with American oriented way of business
    That is why they are ignoring the importance of GSM
    So are you saying Palm is still more or less local company with no vision on global market? I agree, the majority of Palm excutives should go back to business school and start lesson I - "AMBITION"!

Asian market has been moving forward so dramatically and Palm's current share in Asia is only a peanut. There is no way for Palm to survive by only defending its home market. I put my word here, let's wait and see in the next 2 to 3 yrs.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12