Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whats up, I just thought i'd add a new thread to say hey to everyone.. and thought i'd share my story on how I got my 650 and what i've done with it and stuff..
    I work in a cell phone accessory stand in the middle of a mall, I sell faceplates, chargers, cases, flashing antennas, Bluetooth Headsets, you name it...i'm actually at work right now..lol. Anyway, I used to have a Nokia 3120, which if anyone knows that phone its just a basic, no camera, no NOTHING phone.. I had a Sanyo 8300 before that... anyway, I was sitting at work one day and this dude came up and wanted a bluetooth headset for his 650, so I showed him the headsets and he said "Dude, I have an extra 650 with a cracked screen, if you give me a deal, i'll give it to you" I said "DAMN STRAIGHT!" Soooo, i gave him a "deal" and he gave me the treo.. It didnt have a battery or ANYTHING with it, no sync cable, charger, nothing.. just the phone and a stylus... i think he was supposed to send it back to Sprint because they replaced it under insurance.. I dunno, he said he wasnt.. So anyway, I had Cingular at the time, he gave me a Sprint Treo, I bought an OEM battery from my supplier for $9, ganked a charger from my store, bought a sync cradle off E-Bay for $10, and went to sprint that day. I got the phone activated, purchased the $3 a month insurance, they gave me a brand new...refurbished..650 right there on the spot.. I've broken the screen 3 times since then..lol. They keep givin me new ones! I'm about due for another one, this damn thing keeps resetting its-self while i'm on calls and just randomly..ANyway, heres a list of stuff I have on it..

-1 Gig SD Card
    -Win-Launcher (BADASS! Best launcher in my opinion www.aylin.biz)
    -TCPMP with several MP3s and DivX movies.
    -Traffic! (Game...very addicting..lol)
    -K-Maps
    -MobiTV
    -Opera Mini (Crashes CONSTANTLY..would be awesome if it worked, its VERY fast..almost as fast as EVDO..)
    -Win-Hand Anywhere (Wish it was Full Version..I aint payin for it.)
    -I used to have Little John Emulator (SNES, NES, GENESIS, GAMEBOY, ETC.) but it required UDMH or a similar program and I didnt feel like paying for it.. while I had the demo the emulator worked freakin awesome! I was playing Donkey Kong Country for SNES on it..lol. good times...
    -Dopewars
    I have several others but they arent even worth mentioning really.. stupid games and stuff... Well, Thats about all I wanted to say..Let me know what you guys think. Later!
    <moved - title changed to match content>
    Welcome aboard to TreoCentral.

Please take care of your Treo screen, they are not your typical phone screen. Replacements are not always a good thing as some users have varying experiences. Good luck and have fun!

May the Treo gods be with your Treo and yourself. (j/k only)
    DopeWars!!!! Man, I loooove that game, it is so addicting! I thought I was the only one playing this...
    - Jeeman
    oh and I forgot, can you give me a link to that "Traffic!" game? I would like to try it out...

Thanks!
    - Jeeman
  5.    #5  
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/games/traffic!.shtml

They have a crapload of software, i'm sure you guys have been there before...
    cool, thanks for the link.
    - Jeeman
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire233
    Whats up, I just thought i'd add a new thread to say hey to everyone.. and thought i'd share my story on how I got my 650 and what i've done with it and stuff..
    I work in a cell phone accessory stand in the middle of a mall, I sell faceplates, chargers, cases, flashing antennas, Bluetooth Headsets, you name it...i'm actually at work right now..lol. Anyway, I used to have a Nokia 3120, which if anyone knows that phone its just a basic, no camera, no NOTHING phone.. I had a Sanyo 8300 before that... anyway, I was sitting at work one day and this dude came up and wanted a bluetooth headset for his 650, so I showed him the headsets and he said "Dude, I have an extra 650 with a cracked screen, if you give me a deal, i'll give it to you" I said "DAMN STRAIGHT!" Soooo, i gave him a "deal" and he gave me the treo.. It didnt have a battery or ANYTHING with it, no sync cable, charger, nothing.. just the phone and a stylus... i think he was supposed to send it back to Sprint because they replaced it under insurance.. I dunno, he said he wasnt.. So anyway, I had Cingular at the time, he gave me a Sprint Treo, I bought an OEM battery from my supplier for $9, ganked a charger from my store, bought a sync cradle off E-Bay for $10, and went to sprint that day. I got the phone activated, purchased the $3 a month insurance, they gave me a brand new...refurbished..650 right there on the spot.. I've broken the screen 3 times since then..lol. They keep givin me new ones! I'm about due for another one, this damn thing keeps resetting its-self while i'm on calls and just randomly..ANyway, heres a list of stuff I have on it..

-1 Gig SD Card
    -K-Maps
    -MobiTV
    -Opera Mini (Crashes CONSTANTLY..would be awesome if it worked, its VERY fast..almost as fast as EVDO..)
    -I used to have Little John Emulator (SNES, NES, GENESIS, GAMEBOY, ETC.) but it required UDMH or a similar program and I didnt feel like paying for it.. while I had the demo the emulator worked freakin awesome! I was playing Donkey Kong Country for SNES on it..lol. good times...
    -Dopewars
    I have several others but they arent even worth mentioning really.. stupid games and stuff... Well, Thats about all I wanted to say..Let me know what you guys think. Later!
    Welcome to our dysfunctional family.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    So let's get this straight... You stole from your own company and you then commited fraud with Sprint? That's about the short of it correct? Before you flame on me... read the Sprint Equipment Replacement program flyer and then respond. Welcome to the family... glad you don't work for me.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    So let's get this straight... You stole from your own company and you then commited fraud with Sprint? That's about the short of it correct? Before you flame on me... read the Sprint Equipment Replacement program flyer and then respond. Welcome to the family... glad you don't work for me.
    No flame desrved, you summed it up well.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Breaking the screen three times? I'd like to add "careless moron".
    Cingulars insurance policy requires for you to be subscribed to it for 2 weeks before a claim can be placed and I believe they only allow one claim per year. This is according to the sales rep from cingular. If Sprint has done all that for you as you claim then by far their insurance policy as practices are much more relaxed than Cingulars.
    Welcome...don't let your treo consume you.
    at&t iPhone3G
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

-1 Gig SD Card
    -K-Maps
    -MobiTV
    -Dopewars
    Welcome to TC. Try not to pay too much attention to some the folks around here, they can be hard on newcomers. Congrats on the 650. BTW, how did you manage to break your screen three times? I have had a treo since the 300, I have a 700P now, and never managed to break the screen by accident.
    I've broken the screen 3 times since then..lol.
    You'll never be borrowing my Treo to make a call.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I have had a treo since the 300, I have a 700P now, and never managed to break the screen by accident.
    Hmmm...so you admit you broke yours on purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    <snip> ... I have had a treo since the 300, I have a 700P now, and never managed to break the screen by accident.
    Quickest way I know of this occurs, put your phone on your back pocket and sit on it. I knew of some people that did that since they got used to using regular cell phones and those regular cell phones don't break easily when you sit on them.
    I got mine in my holster like Han Solo has is blaster...
    at&t iPhone3G
  18.    #18  
    Oh yeah, and by the way, I broke the screen again because I was at work and it was charging and fell off the counter, moron. Plus they give me a new one every time, so i'll break it as much as I damn well please. *****.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #$%^&*!!
    Such language.... Sounds like someone is a little defensive! In my four years of owning various Treos, I have never once broken a screen. To do it four times is impressive. If you read the Sprint policy it allows two replacements per year (not that the policy even applies to you). The fact that they're giving you new ones is pure luck. Hopefully they'll realize their error and charge you for the other two. And it's people like you that cause Sprint to charge as much as they do. Fraud is fraud. Plain and simple.

You can't buy life insurance after someone dies, just like you can't buy insurance for a phone after it's already broken. Justify it how you like.

Good luck with your Treo. Hopefully this one will last you a while. Welcome to the forums. Seems that your last two posts indicate that you're going to be a very worthwhile contributor.

....One bit of advice. Try a case that covers the screen. You might be able to "gank" one from your store.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 06/20/2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Language
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    that boy is funny.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast