Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    POWER USER:

Somone that knows what the blinking asterisk or golden bell thingie is.
    Kidding.

Actually, that is a very good question. I personally consider it someone:

1. That is well versed in (and heavily uses) all the Treo's on board and in the box features and software,

2. Installs and uses 3rd party software,

3. Has a Custom ROM or knows how to do one or other hacks,

4. Uses a thrid party launcher, (to place programs on a SD card)

5. Uses a backup program besides HotSync.

These are my loose criteria. I qualify on #2 and #5 and mostly on #1, but I do not use all of the Treo's base functionality heavily. (Text Messaging, for one.) So, on a Power User scale of 1 to 10 -- I place myself around a 5 to a 6. Now on the Treo 650 I found -- that owner was probably a 0.5 on a Power User scale of 1 to 10.

Shadowmite is a 25 on this 1 to 10 scale just solely on his abilities on #3, have no idea where he falls on the other 4 criteria, but that really doesn't matter.

Cheers, Perry.
    Do you have a custom rom P?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I already had an idea of what a power user was. I just question as to which type...Profesional use with many applications to user solutions, or a geek with no life...not saying thats bad. Which one are you? Inspiring minds want to know...
    at&t iPhone3G
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Do you have a custom rom P?
    I do have to answer a qualified Yes to that question. I was forwarded a Fat32 Custom ROM (only change from the stock ROM) with instructions on how to load it, which I did.

Could I walk someone thru it? No.

I guess I need to bump myself to a 6.1

Last edited by gtwo; 06/19/2006 at 08:59 AM.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I already had an idea of what a power user was. I just question as to which type...Profesional use with many applications to user solutions, or a geek with no life...not saying thats bad. Which one are you? Inspiring minds want to know...

80% Professional/Personal efficiency applications
    20% Geek w/ no life applications

80% Professional/Personal efficiency applications
    20% Geek w/ no life applications

Same here Perry...Cool and the gang
    at&t iPhone3G
    Perry...number 6 on your power user list must be: high post count on T|C
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Perry...number 6 on your power user list must be: high post count on T|C
    Does answering snowflake questions take you up the power scale, or down the power scale?
    Actually, a few months back, I coined the term Power Noob in describing myself.

As well -- not sure where to put Real Player and my music in my 80/20 percents.
    Maybe we need a Personal Recreation category.

Cheers, Perry
    Answering snowflake questions should be left to Shop. He is kind enuff to answer those with out bashing the questioner to pieces
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    if the first thing you do once the treo is in your hand is take out the stylus, you arent a power user.

btw, ever do the pat down and not feel the treo and get worried only to remember it is in your hand?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    btw, ever do the pat down and not feel the treo and get worried only to remember it is in your hand?
    Not funny. Did that a couple times with my 650.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Perry, you are my twin, down to the pats and even to the Franklin Covey quad pen. I've been using them since '95. Went executive (tortoiseğ
    .....Went executive (tortoise shell and satin both with gold accents) around 2001.

Oh, one other thing, if one more person asks me about the lankety-blank- blank snowflake.....

One last thing, I'm probably a 6, if for no other reason than because I write music in Minimusic's Notepad.
  13.    #53  
    Found another cell phone today(not a Treo). At least these people were helpful: they had enteries in their contact list like HOME, GRANDMA and such. A very easy device to return!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Ditto.

With me 24/7.

Everytime I get up from a chair or leave a room -- I do the "personal pat down."

pat pat -- Treo -- check

pat pat -- Wallet -- check

pat pat -- favorite pen -- check

good to go
    HEEEY MACARENA!!!
    I do exactly the same. Ben

Ditto.

With me 24/7.

Everytime I get up from a chair or leave a room -- I do the "personal pat down."

pat pat -- Treo -- check

good to go
    My wife had my Precious for 4 hours yesterday, and it just about killed me. Just go without yours for a while, while you are out doing something (I was getting my car fixed) and you will see how much you miss it!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    My wife had my Precious for 4 hours yesterday, and it just about killed me. Just go without yours for a while, while you are out doing something (I was getting my car fixed) and you will see how much you miss it!

Don't think I would make it 4 hours . . . . . the delirium tremens would set in.
    Ditto.

With me 24/7.

pat pat -- Treo -- check

good to go
    Double ditto. Rinse and repeat.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    With me 24/7.

pat pat -- Treo -- check

good to go
    Me too! Plus any of my other accessories. I think I have too many things in my pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    LOL i do the same, except my favorite pen is my Chrome bullet Fisher SpacePen.
    That was my favorite pen, until I got my Palm Executive Multifunction Pen. But now that you mention the space pen... Great, you probably just added another thing to my over loaded pockets

<dkirker now is missing his Space Pen, 5 hours away at his dorm.>
    This is why I bought my wife a 650 for Christmas. She keeps "borrowing" mine, and it gets a little longer every time. Oh the shakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast