Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68
  1. #21  
    sweet.
    Pat , Pat , Pat again. Soon.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    I do the same lol...its on the charger by the bed if its not wth me
    It is also my Alarm Clock.
  3. #23  
    Funny you should say that. When people ask me about my phone, I tell them its not my phone , its my phone, interent, camera, palm pilot, mp3 player, xm radio,tv, alarm clock, game player and modem.

    Did I leave anything out. Always looking to add to the list.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Funny you should say that. When people ask me about my phone, I tell them its not my phone , its my phone, interent, camera, palm pilot, mp3 player, xm radio,tv, alarm clock, game player and modem.

    Did I leave anything out. Always looking to add to the list.
    Calculator.

    (I assume E-Mail is within your Internet definition.)
  5. #25  
    I guess I can add that, but I work in a bank where I need one of those 14 digit jobs, with tape. And another one, camcorder.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I guess I can add that, but I work in a bank where I need one of those 14 digit jobs, with tape. And another one, camcorder.
    Open calculator and push the right jog button, once, twice or thrice. . . .
    (opps - didn't see the tape request.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/18/2006 at 07:00 PM.
  7. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #27  
    I would have beamed a alarm program into it and set for 3am everynite then hid it w/ obfuscate
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  8. #28  
    You forced me to take a second look and now I see a "show history" field that shows the detail of the calculation. Cool. Never had any use for the other calculators because I couldn't review for input errors.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    I would have beamed a alarm program into it and set for 3am everynite then hid it w/ obfuscate
    Brutal, Captain Caveman. I didn't know you guys were still around.
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Ditto.

    With me 24/7.

    Everytime I get up from a chair or leave a room -- I do the "personal pat down."

    pat pat -- Treo -- check

    pat pat -- Wallet -- check

    pat pat -- favorite pen -- check

    good to go
    Patter here as well.
  11. #31  
    Hey we agree on something. Can I say that?
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    I would have beamed a alarm program into it and set for 3am everynite then hid it w/ obfuscate
    LOL. That is just mean!
  13. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    You forced me to take a second look and now I see a "show history" field that shows the detail of the calculation. Cool. Never had any use for the other calculators because I couldn't review for input errors.
    That is pretty sweet. You can even copy it and paste to a memo. Thanks.
  14.    #34  
    Opps. It is a taping calculator!!

    Also, I use Mega Clock and Pocket Quicken--- so I add StopWatch, Timer and Check Book to my list.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/17/2006 at 07:50 AM.
  15. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Brutal, Captain Caveman. I didn't know you guys were still around.
    do a little more research next time
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  16. #36  
    just when I was getting used to WM5 y'all had to bring up the calculator and make me miss PalmOS again. (sigh)

    :-)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

    Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  17. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    pat pat -- favorite pen -- check good to go
    LOL i do the same, except my favorite pen is my Chrome bullet Fisher SpacePen.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  18. #38  
    I do use my treo for the solutions I need, and no way do I compare to what is called a power user, but what is the definition of a power user. Some of you guys just load the hell out of your treos with apps for leasure use, games, geek things, etc. for the love of the device and to push it to its limits bragging to have less then 5 mb left of user memory, in which my opinion is why so many have problems with their treos also. I tend to treat my treo like my notebook...I keep everything neet and concervative and at least leave 25% or more memory space...not too many programs to clog the registry, and not too many that might be incompatible causing issues. I do my homework on the compatibility of software and the cons to having it on my system before I install anything and my notebook and treo have awesome performance as long as I have had them only in my opinion.
    Last edited by KStewart; 06/19/2006 at 04:37 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I do use my treo for the solutions I need, and no way do I compare to what is called a power user, but what is the definition of a power user. Some of you guys just load the hell out of your treos with apps for leasure use, games, geek things, etc. for the love of the device and to push it to its limits bragging to have less then 5 mb left of user memory, in which my opinion is why so many have problems with their treos also. I tend to treat my treo like my notebook...I keep everything neet and concervative and at least leave 25% or more memory space...not too many programs to clog the registry, and not too many that might be incompatible causing issues. I do my homework on the compatibility of software and the cons to having it on my system before I install anything and my notebook and treo have awesome performance as long as I have had them only in my opinion.
    The "power user" reference was just a goof on a treo that was found virtually unused, then the thread went in another direction. Everyone of the functions I mentioned came standard with the TREO except pdanet. I too will not put anything on my precious until I know it won't cause problems. Hate unwanted soft resets.
  20.    #40  
    POWER USER:

    Somone that knows what the blinking asterisk or golden bell thingie is.
    Kidding.



    Actually, that is a very good question. I personally consider it someone:

    1. That is well versed in (and heavily uses) all the Treo's on board and in the box features and software,

    2. Installs and uses 3rd party software,

    3. Has a Custom ROM or knows how to do one or other hacks,

    4. Uses a thrid party launcher, (to place programs on a SD card)

    5. Uses a backup program besides HotSync.

    These are my loose criteria. I qualify on #2 and #5 and mostly on #1, but I do not use all of the Treo's base functionality heavily. (Text Messaging, for one.) So, on a Power User scale of 1 to 10 -- I place myself around a 5 to a 6. Now on the Treo 650 I found -- that owner was probably a 0.5 on a Power User scale of 1 to 10.


    Shadowmite is a 25 on this 1 to 10 scale just solely on his abilities on #3, have no idea where he falls on the other 4 criteria, but that really doesn't matter.


    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/19/2006 at 07:10 AM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions