1.    #1  
    I have been using wave pad in which i like but it seems it is a trial version of the software. Does anyone know of reliable software in which u can edit a mp3 song or AAC and cut out like a 30 second part of it and save as a wav or AAC file that is compatible to play on treo as a ringer?
    Audacity

In a word: awsome!

Does pretty much everything I can do with SoundForge and then some, while using fewer system resources, and it's free!
    2nd vote for Audacity
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    I am on my treo so I can't find the thread but I posted a reply giving a tutorial on what to use and how to use it for making and using your own mp3 ringtones.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjones
    I am on my treo so I can't find the thread but I posted a reply giving a tutorial on what to use and how to use it for making and using your own mp3 ringtones.
    Your post can be found here
    4th vote for audacity. I think we have a quorum.