Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    All opposed say nay.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  2.    #22  
    Hearing no opposition, the motion carries.
  3.    #23  
    Wow, three OrgaSM's in one day! A proud day for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Treocentral obviously needs an organic search engine to make everyone happy. Who of you wants to volunteer for the job? We can give you the moniker of "OrgaSM" (short for Organic Search Monkey.) All threads submitted by someone with...say 1-100 posts and has the keywords "how do I," "what is," or "HELP!" can be immediately forwarded to you, so that you can both consumate the non-searching relationship.
    Reads to me like you're the monkey for the job!
    I don't have enough teets to go around.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I don't have enough teets to go around.
    Great avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Great avatar.
    Thank you.

I am Untouchable.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    what case are you guys going to get for your searches?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    All in favor say Aye.
    Nay.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Nay.
    I did a search for posts with the words "aye" and "nay".

Results: Aye = 62 Nay = 82

The Nay's have it.

Now that's how you use a search tool.
    Is it mean to ask someone to post in the correct forum?

*ducks*
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    All in favor say Aye.
    Aye.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Aye.
    I knew I could count on you Perry!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I did a search for posts with the words "aye" and "nay".

Results: Aye = 62 Nay = 82

The Nay's have it.

Now that's how you use a search tool.
    Shouldn't you be working or something?
    LoL. If it means so much to you folks. I will continue to answer newbie questions whenever I want thereby bumping their threads to the first page.

How do you like them apples?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    LoL. If it means so much to you folks. I will continue to answer newbie questions whenever I want thereby bumping their threads to the first page.

How do you like them apples?
    You sir are a fine man.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    You sir are a fine man.
    GO SEARCH YOURSELF!
    From a newbie point of view, I think the Search function can be improved upon to make it easier to use.

For example, as soon as you press the Search box, the default is to go to "Website" in the drop down window, instead of "Discussion". It's very possible a new member doesn't even realize a drop down window exists to change from "website" to "discussion". If you do a search on a word such as "reset", you will get two entirely different results depending on whether you didn't know any better to click on "Discussion" as opposed to the default "Website". A newbie might think there is nothing to be found that's applicable on the discussion of "reset" because the search result was based on "Website" instead of "Discussion".

Even if a newbie finally figures this out, there is a bunch more options that might be perplexing for beginners to figure out. Having so many search filter criterias is probably useful for experienced members, but for beginners it can be confusing. Of course, this is not to say a beginner shouldn't learn how to use the search criterias...they should, but it takes trial and error to get it right.

Maybe it would be useful if someone can give a detailed explanation of how to use the Search function with all its various filters, and make this a pop-up window anytime the Search button is pressed. Who knows, it might be useful. Additionally, I really believe the default should be changed to "Discussion" instead of "Website", and this too would make searching one step easier.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    From a newbie point of view, I think the Search function can be improved upon to make it easier to use.

For example, as soon as you press the Search box, the default is to go to "Website" in the drop down window, instead of "Discussion". It's very possible a new member doesn't even realize a drop down window exists to change from "website" to "discussion". If you do a search on a word such as "reset", you will get two entirely different results depending on whether you didn't know any better to click on "Discussion" as opposed to the default "Website". A newbie might think there is nothing to be found that's applicable on the discussion of "reset" because the search result was based on "Website" instead of "Discussion".

Even if a newbie finally figures this out, there is a bunch more options that might be perplexing for beginners to figure out. Having so many search filter criterias is probably useful for experienced members, but for beginners it can be confusing. Of course, this is not to say a beginner shouldn't learn how to use the search criterias...they should, but it takes trial and error to get it right.

Maybe it would be useful if someone can give a detailed explanation of how to use the Search function with all its various filters, and make this a pop-up window anytime the Search button is pressed. Who knows, it might be useful. Additionally, I really believe the default should be changed to "Discussion" instead of "Website", and this too would make searching one step easier.
    Great idea, hopefully a mod will forward it to Marcus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung

It doesn't default to the website. You're using the wrong Search link. Don't use the Search link from the main navigation bar (under the TreoCentral header,) use the one in the forum nav bar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast