Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I myself take this approach. I might not always include a link but I do try to direct someone in the right direction. Thanks for sharing your outlook on this as it lines up w/ thinking. BTW, how long have you been writing for TC?
    This was my way of pointing them in the right direction, I didn't think my point was THAT obtuse.

P.S. Let's trash the damn search buttons (did you know there are two - what the Hell for?), I'll be to answer questions.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Moto- 700w will allow you to view/edit excel and word documents and view PDFs. So will the PalmOS 650. For handling email VERY well, more info is needed. What is the email setup of the new business? Is it based on POP3 or IMAP? Or is it based on a hosted exchange server. If its POP3/IMAP, you'll find Chatter combined with the 650 a really great solution. I have yet to see a great email program on WM5 that handles POP3/IMAP exceptionally well. Pocket Outlook works, just not as nicely as Chatter. Now if it is exchange server, you'll find the WM5 700W to be a nice solution. It communicates well with exchange servers and if supported will keep your contacts, tasks, calendar, and email perfectly in sync on the go.

For the memory issue, I'm not too familiar with the memory setup on the 700W but I do know that if you have too many programs open, that will greatly slow it down. This is not resolved by loading programs to the SD card, nor can you add more memory on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer
    Sorry about the thread. Didn't want to cause so many problems. But, I still have unanswered questions because the thread HAS turned off the original topic.

Why will a memory card not solve the memory issues? By "Memory", do you mean built in, or something you can add aftermarket? This relates to running mutilple programs at once, correct?

I am coming from T-Mobile and a Sidekick which was great for the personal e-mail and ease of communication. I am about to get into a new business where I need something to have all of my organized information on the run, as well as something able to handle email VERY well. So, it brought me to the Treo. I want to link it to my computer, and i'd love to have the availability to view my excell sheets, and open word, and PDF documents on the go.

Any further help would be great!

Thanks guys.

-Kyle
    Hi Motoracer,

Sorry if I was short with you. The complaints I've read regarding the memory is that it fills up fast and will freeze the unit up. Here is a good review that popped up when I searched "700W memory"...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=700W+memory

As for pocket Excel and Word, I searched "700W Excel Word" and found this...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...00W+excel+word

Overall, I think you'll find the Treo quite an improvement from the Sidekick, especially for business use. Last, but not least, I found a similar question from last month when I searched "Sidekick vs 700W" with some great answers, you might want to read it...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=sidekick+700W
    What the heck is this thread about???

This thread about was a question that has been asked answered and chewed over a million times in multiple threads. One more thread on it is going to make it that much more difficult for the next person looking for info.
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 06/11/2006 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    What the heck is this thread about???

This thread about was a question that has been asked answered and chewed over a million times in multiple threads. One more thread on it is going to make it that much more difficult for the next person looking for info.
    The voice of reason, I thought I was alone. Nice sig.
  6. DJH
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    geatches, here is a question for you then.... If a new person should happen to perform a search that brings them to this thread and it does not adequately answer their question, are they then supposed to extend their post by adding that they have already searched for it to no avail or that it didn't quite answer their question directly??? I understand the post by dutchtrumpet. More words ==== more search results. I get it. What I don't get is why people have to SO RUDELY answer posts!!! Yours wasn't.... but others are!!! If it bothers a person so badddddly, why can't they just not reply instead of adding their two cents about why someone should do a search first. I am done too! I joined the forum to help me find answers to specific questions and general advice about which 700 to choose, not to B***h! Thanks for your insight.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJH
    geatches, here is a question for you then.... If a new person should happen to perform a search that brings them to this thread and it does not adequately answer their question, are they then supposed to extend their post by adding that they have already searched for it to no avail or that it didn't quite answer their question directly??? I understand the post by dutchtrumpet. More words ==== more search results. I get it. What I don't get is why people have to SO RUDELY answer posts!!! Yours wasn't.... but others are!!! If it bothers a person so badddddly, why can't they just not reply instead of adding their two cents about why someone should do a search first. I am done too! I joined the forum to help me find answers to specific questions and general advice about which 700 to choose, not to B***h! Thanks for your insight.
    My guess is there are three kinds of “help me” posters: 1) new people who just want to know where to look, 2) people who have looked, but can't find the answer, and 3) lazy posters who want others to do the work for them. People get upset at group 3 and occasionally snap when someone asks a question that has been answered many times before.

Dutch's signature says it all, search before you ask - it's really that simple. If you looked and can't find it, say so. That being said, there's no reason to get upset.

P.S. Check out the thread starter in the last search thread I posted above.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Care to expand on this?

And by a bit, you mean 200 percent more, don't you?

Perhaps it's a good motoracer posted a new thread. You'd notice that the original poster thinks the 'memory problem' can be solved by adding a card, which is way wrong. Given this gross misunderstanding of the memory issue of the 700w, plus knowing that he comes from a sidekick, I think the constant maintenance the device requires may not be well suited for them, and they should probably be made aware of this.
    i believe i mentioned the memory situation in my post. as for the "200% more" yes, but in nominal terms it's approximately $15-20 more. and that for me would be enough to keep me from ever sending my $ to the funny people at sprint.
    the people with the most posts usually win, or at the least, are usually sucked up to.

what case are you going to get for your treo?
    I have not had a problem with my treo have had many treo 650 and the had problem got a 700w for free through verizion and has not had a problem since.
    If you can get the 700p why would you get the w? It almost has no advantage over the 700p.

Oh and people who keep saying "do a search" is reallly lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    If you can get the 700p why would you get the w? It almost has no advantage over the 700p.

Oh and people who keep saying "do a search" is reallly lame.
    Quite the in-depth analysis of the difference between the two phones, I'm sure it was "reallly" helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    the people with the most posts usually win, or at the least, are usually sucked up to.
    And there are so few of us winners here
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    And there are so few of us winners here
    I refuse to suck up...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    suck it!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I refuse to suck up...
    to repeat a popular phrase..."You're not worthy."
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    My wife has a Treo 650, I used to own first a Handspring Visor Prism with Sprint PCS Digital Link, then a Treo 600, and now a PPC 6700. It took a while to get used to the Windows interface, but my 6700 has never reset or crashed - it did lock up once, causing me to reset it, but I downloaded a free (Windows Plus-style) add-on, and I've had no problems since. My wife's 650 resets a bit too often for her taste (trying to play a game she downloads from the web, for example). I miss some of the Palm functionality, but not enough to consider going back to Palm. My wife may upgrade to the 700w some six months down the road, or she may just keep her 650 until it kicks the bucket.

One big plus for me is the ability to load downloaded programs onto my memory card (a window pops up upon install and asks me if I want to), so as not to take up valuable device memory. It's a more painful process on my wife's 650, and it doesn't always work.
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12