1.    #1  
    Hi,

Our mobile provider Globe Telecoms is now offering 3.5 G HSPDA. Its supposed to be faster than just the regular 3G. Being a small country (Philippines), the top 2 telecoms were able to provide reliable service for this technology. Unfortunately, only Sony Ericsson and Nokia models are capable for this. The Treo 700p cdma has evdo. Will the gsm model have 3 or 3.5 g? Any rumors if it will allow video conferencing like the Nokia and SE models?

I read somewhere that Palm is targeting a bigger slice on the european market where 3g is available. Any rumors on info on the upcoming Treo models for 3g?
    Good luck on this idea. I don't see it happening unless it is with WM5.
    why is that? everyone was saying PalmOS wouldn't do EVDO either. it did it. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see HSDPA on PalmOS.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    why is that? everyone was saying PalmOS wouldn't do EVDO either. it did it. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see HSDPA on PalmOS.

I think Palm will eventually get WCDMA/HSPDA to work on palmos...but the theory on why it is probably taking them sooo long is the fact that palmOS GSM telephony stack does not support dual/simutaneous data+voice due to the multitasking limitation of frankengarnet. Perhaps, palm can write the drivers/stack to get it to work, but it definitely will not be an easy task...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Would the Treo (Windows version) work instead of trying to re-engineer the Palm OS to utilize the WCDMA/HSPDA technology?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Would the Treo (Windows version) work instead of trying to re-engineer the Palm OS to utilize the WCDMA/HSPDA technology?

Well that would fit in with the rumors that the Treo "Hollywood" device with be a HSPDA WM Treo. IMO, it's most likely that the next GSM/HSPDA Treo will indeed be a WM version first followed by a FrankenGarnet version...if ever...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    after using both WM5 (8125) and PalmOS I must say that I hope a PalmOS version is released strictly from a usability point of view (technical issues aside). if that can't be the case and we are to be given WM5 then I hope PalmOne starts pushing MS for some usability and performance improvements. it seems that MS could really benefit from Palm's experience in design.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well that would fit in with the rumors that the Treo "Hollywood" device with be a HSPDA WM Treo. IMO, it's most likely that the next GSM/HSPDA Treo will indeed be a WM version first followed by a FrankenGarnet version...if ever...
    That would fit the trend with the 700w coming out before a 700p was even announced.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer