1.    #1  
    So, I had to do a hard reset on my Treo 650. Probably a conflict with Epocrates software. I was a little reluctant to do the Back up Buddy thing, so I got my data off the hard drive.
    Then I noticed that many of the contacts could not be edited. I called Verizon and they transferred me to Palm. Yada yada yada, a million resets and hot syncs and wireless syncs. They couldn't get anywhere. So I started back with Verizon. They seemed to figure out that if they go on to the wireless sync web site, on my account, by going in to each contact, Individually and editing it and re-saving it, when I then go to edit it on the Treo, that contact would be editable.
    I told the woman on tech support that to me, that was a really lame solution. I would not be near a computer to edit the web site if I was trying to edit a contact on the road or whatever.
    So, this person at Verizon wireless is now going contact by contact and fixing them.
    Alan Mushnick
    That sucks...Im glad Im with sprint.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    That sucks...Im glad Im with sprint.
    You wouldn't feel that way if you were on a Mac.

Sprint leaves Mac users high and dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor
    You wouldn't feel that way if you were on a Mac.

Sprint leaves Mac users high and dry.
    Sprint or Palm? How does Sprint leave Mac users dry? Not trying to critisize or be rude, but I don't see how Sprint would leave Mac users dry on a product made by another company.
    If I had to have a mac, I would get one with the AMD chip so I could have the dual boot option.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I had a problem with my Sprint Treo 650 where many of my contacts were locked from being edited. If I wanted to add a note or change a number all would appear to go well. But when I would go back and check on the changes that I made, none would have taken effect.

I did many back-up and restores, but never fixed the problem. Now I'm on a Sprint 700P and haven't run across the problem yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    Sprint or Palm? How does Sprint leave Mac users dry? Not trying to critisize or be rude, but I don't see how Sprint would leave Mac users dry on a product made by another company.

When you call Palm's tech support they will defer you over to the carrier that your phone is branded for (ie. Sprint). When you talk to Sprin't "tech support" department and tell them you have a Mac they say "Sorry, we do not support Macintosh" then refer you back to Palm.

From there it turns into a vicious cycle.
    When you call Palm's tech support they will defer you over to the carrier that your phone is branded for (ie. Sprint). When you talk to Sprin't "tech support" department and tell them you have a Mac they say "Sorry, we do not support Macintosh" then refer you back to Palm.

Good thing Macs work with everything!

I see...what exactly are you trying to do with your Treo on a Mac that you need help from Sprint or Palm?
    Here's the most rediculous tech fix:

When you call into tech support for a software program they immediately tell you to reformat your computer...

Great tech support there!
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If I had to have a mac, I would get one with the AMD chip so I could have the dual boot option.
    You can get one right now with an Intel processor and dual boot with Mac OSX and Windows XP. Apple provides the installer called Boot Camp. No Mac has ever come with an AMD processor, and probably never will. Shame really, as I was hoping for any x86 partnership to be with AMD if anyone. There's no telling what Steve Jobs will do next.
  12.    #12  
    this thread got hijacked. it has nothing to do with macs or pc's. the issue is a lock up of contacts and the inability to edit them. verizon still has not fixed the problem for me.
    any suggestions?
    they are claiming it has something to do with wireless sync.
    Alan
    Alan Mushnick
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    I see...what exactly are you trying to do with your Treo on a Mac that you need help from Sprint or Palm?

I have never called Palm's support. I am speaking on behalf of the many people who have come to my store saying this.