1.    #1  
    does expansys know something we don't? i know, i know, its a pre-order, but I have dealt with them before and they don't usually pre-list stuff that doesn't come out.....

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=129677

note the product code is 700w/EU.
    Did you notice all the talk in teh product details about EV-DO; that's a no go in Europe. This one's premature at best...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    In thr forums they (i think) say they have been advised that we should hear something augest time, intresting...
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Did you notice all the talk in teh product details about EV-DO; that's a no go in Europe. This one's premature at best...
    thats nothing but a cut and paste off of Palms site. It's not Expansys making the claims.

Wasn't there mention somewhere of an MS higher-up letting word slip out of a GSM version later this year?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    thats nothing but a cut and paste off of Palms site. It's not Expansys making the claims.

Wasn't there mention somewhere of an MS higher-up letting word slip out of a GSM version later this year?
    That's around here somewhere (If he had to pick, the fall GSM would be his choice, or soemthing like that). I keep seeing a .6" thick Treo 800 with no antennae, GSM/EDGE/HSDPA/WiFi - then I wake up and realize its still only 2006 and that's a Christmas 2008 dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    That's around here somewhere (If he had to pick, the fall GSM would be his choice, or soemthing like that). I keep seeing a .6" thick Treo 800 with no antennae, GSM/EDGE/HSDPA/WiFi - then I wake up and realize its still only 2006 and that's a Christmas 2008 dream.

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Does that mean you agree we may see it by 12/2008?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Thats okay they also show the GSM Motorola Q which also doesn't exist yet...
    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=124509

Guess they make money on the pre-order interest or something haha
    jIM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmenahem
    does expansys know something we don't? i know, i know, its a pre-order, but I have dealt with them before and they don't usually pre-list stuff that doesn't come out.....

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=129677

note the product code is 700w/EU.
    I believe it's someone in charge of their marketing that has no idea what models are available from Palm. For one thing take a look at the specs for the Treo 700W (GSM) and notice that they list the product as dual band CDMA instead of quad band GSM. There's also the listing in the specs for EVDO support which is what CDMA carriers use instead of EDGE/3G used by GSM carriers. What they should do as is done by most carrier websites who advertise soon to be released hardware is state "details pending" or something similar until they get the real facts from the manufacturer.