Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    hi - went through several treo 650 - the current one is on the brink due to my own mishandling.

came to love palm OS. but instead of buying another 650, is there a new (unlocked) GSM on the horizon?

read somewhere that it would be by the end of this 06 ...

tks for any hints.
    Rumor is end of 06.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Yeah...that's what I heard.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Do a title search of the 700p section with the word "GSM" in the search box...there's 8 or 9 threads with various pieces of information. I was told by two major account reps (I am currently negotiating agreements for up to 2,500 lines in NY w/ possible expansion up to 45,000 nationally) that Cingular will NOT offer a 700 anything. But they will be doing the 800 or whatever the new model will be called in 3rd-4th quarter.

My guess is this will be a 800w or whatever ...again...pick a number.....(MSRP $749 or more) and that they will also launch a less expensive one with a MSRP of about $399. That would fill the 4 new Treos this year bill which would mean that no new 800p in 2006. Since they'd be "stoopid" to ignore the success of the 700p, it would seem a real blunder not to have an GSM 800p out by Jan / Feb 2007.
    Wouldn't Verizon and Sprint be just a little miffed with Cingular getting an 800 "anything" compared to their puny 700's?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Wouldn't Verizon and Sprint be just a little miffed with Cingular getting an 800 "anything" compared to their puny 700's?
    Thats what I heard
    Well behaved women rarely make history