Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    My 650 was just stolen with sensitive info on it, no password.

    Anyone know if I can send it a self destruct code, or other method of erasing all PDA memory? Thanks.

    R.
  2. #2  
    Call Jack Bauer, Chloe has the code.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  3. #3  
    Sorry for your loss. No, there's no code.

    There are apps that allow you to destroy the data via SMS, but they have to be installed on the Treo. Warden, Butler, a couple of other apps. Check the reviews or do a search for those apps and you'll find info.

    For your new Treo.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  4. #4  
    Do you have Sprint? I don't know if the Treo supports it, but most Sprint phones support remote locking/remote erasing via SMS. Maybe the Sprint Treo might support it. Call your carrier and ask them.
  5.    #5  
    Come on,

    Carrier: CINGULAR.

    There's GOTTA be a transmittable 'memory erase' code.

    $100 for the Palm One techie who knows the presumably 'non-existent' code.

    I guarantee it exists. It's inconceivable that it doesn't.

    Back Channel: rrgoldstein@yahoo.com

    Thanks.
  6. #6  
    try #*#666#
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  7. #7  
    $100.00 ?
    Cool!
    That's going to buy someone a killer burrito.
    Just call me Berd.
  8. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    $100.00 ?
    Cool!
    That's going to buy someone a killer burrito.
    I think it's going to be a long, cold burrito-less summer...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I think it's going to be a long, cold burrito-less summer...
    That's what you wife said.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  10. #10  
    Ok, new game...

    We get to figure out what he was doing when he lost his Treo.

    First guess, was in a bar in Jackson MS, it had been a long and hot day for a Monday. Flight was late getting in and after checking into the Walthall Hotel he headed down to the bar for a drink. Cotton the bartender has been a mainstay in the bar for years and Cotton always new how to make a highball just the way he liked. This night was unlike any other as the young lady in red strolled into the bar, saddled up on the seat next to him and asked for a light....

    Next thing he knows his Treo is missing. The data now in the hands of the competition and his boss on the hotel phone wondering why he hasn't been heard from in days. He looks at his watch which is also missing. he calls the front desk and the clerk reminds him it is Friday, the day he is to check out...

    To be continued...
  11. #11  
    try #*#666#
    LOL! Sorry, man. This is why I just reloaded the new Butler.
  12. #12  
    Not to be a smart aleck, but have you tried calling Cingular and asking if they can do this for you?

    If they have some "universal" erase code, chances are it's not shared or changed very frequently, so someone else's code may not work.

    Good luck.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Ok, new game...

    We get to figure out what he was doing when he lost his Treo.

    First guess, was in a bar in Jackson MS, it had been a long and hot day for a Monday. Flight was late getting in and after checking into the Walthall Hotel he headed down to the bar for a drink. Cotton the bartender has been a mainstay in the bar for years and Cotton always new how to make a highball just the way he liked. This night was unlike any other as the young lady in red strolled into the bar, saddled up on the seat next to him and asked for a light....

    Next thing he knows his Treo is missing. The data now in the hands of the competition and his boss on the hotel phone wondering why he hasn't been heard from in days. He looks at his watch which is also missing. he calls the front desk and the clerk reminds him it is Friday, the day he is to check out...

    To be continued...
    I think I know the young woman, a hired hand and former lover of "Mr. Blue", the nemisis of the Treo owner and second cousin to Cotton.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  14. #14  
    Two ideas:

    1) The 700p has a locator feature so that it can be tracked during a 911 call. There are two settings for it. One is 911 only and the other, Location ON. By default it is set to Location ON. I do not know if it would have to be making calls to be tracked or not. But you could always ask your carrier about it. I'd be interested to hear what they say.

    2) You could always call the number and if someone picks up tell them you will pay to get it back. Assuming it was really stolen and not just lost. Offer them the $100.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C

    2) You could always call the number and if someone picks up tell them you will pay to get it back. Assuming it was really stolen and not just lost. Offer them the $100.
    That's what I did - to a NYC cabbie. He brought it back to me about 2hrs later - gave him $40.

    I have Butler on mine now too.
  16. #16  
    I just do not see it happening. My TREO is in my hand when I'm out and about or on the counter/table in front of me. The only protection I have is the built in password in the security feature. Is that enough?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I just do not see it happening. My TREO is in my hand when I'm out and about or on the counter/table in front of me. The only protection I have is the built in password in the security feature. Is that enough?
    Should work for info on the treo. The info on the Sd card and SIM is not secured. If you backup to the Sd card, you need to make sure that data is encrypted also. SIM can also be secured.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Should work for info on the treo. The info on the Sd card and SIM is not secured. If you backup to the Sd card, you need to make sure that data is encrypted also. SIM can also be secured.

    I'm good then. Card just has some mp3's and assorted junk, some kmaps. No sim on SPRINT and as far as losing the memory card, I have that freeware PALM PUKE that lets you set sounds to the insertion or extraction of the memory card. I set it to play a women screaming, at the loud stting. It awesome and funny when I do it at work.

Posting Permissions