Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are 3 things prominent in rap/hiphop videos today?

-Bling
    -Outrageously expensive cars with Outragous Rims and of course...
    a Treo

Read more...
    What makes you think the product placement is free. Ive seen the Treo in Smallville a few times. Thats definitely paid for.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    I know product placement is not free and that is my whole point. The question am pondering is if Palm is actually paying for this. It just wont seem like a target market for Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    I know product placement is not free and that is my whole point. The question am pondering is if Palm is actually paying for this. It just wont seem like a target market for Palm
    If people will by them, why would it not be a target market? Palm could care less whether people use all the features, they just want to sell product. Young people into rap have money to spend and Madison Ave. obviously feels that product placement with popular people is affective.
  5.    #5  
    You might be right, but isnt the Treo supossed to be a Business phone. Dont get me wrong if they are paying for this, I think is a smart move, Its just something I never expected. It really will be interesting to know the facts behind this
    If this is a rap/hip hop phone, then someone is going to "bust a cap" in the 700p if it gives them the slowdown issues.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I just ( a few seconds ago) saw the Treo in the hands of Temperance Brannon in Bones. That thing is popping up all over the place.

Surur
    It is possible for them to market to different segments.
    The TREO is everywhere..even here in East Los Angeles. It will even pop a cap on Blackberry's
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    sorry, but when it comes to the hip hop scene, its the Sidekick 2 and 3. you see them everywhere in rap videos, way more than a Treo, ive only seen a Treo in a video once.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  11.    #11  
    nope, The treo is now more popular
    http://www.tunjiafonja.com/.shared/i...p_treo_700.jpg
    nope, thats 4 examples....compared to countless sidekick spottings. the comparison isnt even close.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  13.    #13  
    those are the 4, I actually found. There are tons more. Pluse am talkin about just the past 6 months or so
    those are the 4, I actually found. There are tons more. Pluse am talkin about just the past 6 months or so

even in the past 6 months or so, 95% of them have sidekicks, not treos.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    CP Im going to have to agree with tj. The Treos popularity has soared past the sidekick 2, mainly because the sidekick is so outdated, and is so limited in functionality, and many rappers are now gravitating more towards the business aspect of the industry. Which is why Blackberrys are so popular. Its not about just singing songs anymore, these guys want to be entrepreneurs. I posted a thread a few months ago about how the Treo is so ubiquitous now that it has lost its WOW factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    CP Im going to have to agree with tj. The Treos popularity has soared past the sidekick 2, mainly because the sidekick is so outdated, and is so limited in functionality, and many rappers are now gravitating more towards the business aspect of the industry. Which is why Blackberrys are so popular. Its not about just singing songs anymore, these guys want to be entrepreneurs. I posted a thread a few months ago about how the Treo is so ubiquitous now that it has lost its WOW factor.
    as i agree that the sk is outdated, im disagree that the Treo has surpassed the sk in the hip hop culture. not even close. im huge into hip hop, the music side, the business side, and my eyes are always open, as some of the more entrepreneur like people in the hip hop culture may be going towards devices like the treo, in hip hop overall the sk still reigns supreme.most rappers are already walking around with the sk3 that comes out july 10 i believe.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Despite the many video's that treo's have been popping up in,the sheep on my block have yet to realize the hotness of a treo over a sidekick. just the way i like it
    I was recently invited to a Treo group on Facebook. I joined, and realized that out of all of the members, I was the only non-blinging football player in there. I'd say that the Treo is certainly popular in the college hip-hop community.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocell
    I was recently invited to a Treo group on Facebook. I joined, and realized that out of all of the members, I was the only non-blinging football player in there. I'd say that the Treo is certainly popular in the college hip-hop community.
    Yeah...and my 90 year old grandmother has a sidekick, too. She's down with all that...
    biotchez and hoze, biotchez and hoze
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast